1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shrewd Businessman or Completely Clueless?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Mar 17, 2017.

1. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Now I'm no business guru but I think that I'm smart enough to work out that when fans are disheartened with the club/manager/style/investment/players and with attendances already on the decrease.....the way to stem the tide or even begin to turn the tide is NOT increase season ticket prices.

Marcus Evans is a disgrace and should be getting more stick at games until he deems it time to stop taking the piss out of fans........he hides behind Mick, he hides behind Milne, I think he'd hide behind the tea lady if he thought he could.

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

It does make you wonder how he became so successful in his other business ventures.
    I still think that he only bought us as it was a perfect ploy for tax purposes.

I've never been a season ticket holder, and for some very strange reason (possibly having a mid life crisis) I thought about getting a season ticket for the very first time...until I just saw the prices.
    With the average price being over £660, that works out to over £28 a game - provided you went to ALL 23 home games, which is absolutely disgusting.
    Actually, based on this season, there are 15 premiership teams with cheaper average season ticket prices.
    Well done Marcus - another kick in the balls for the fans!!

3. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Absolute fecking disgrace!

4. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. We're 1 of the most expensive clubs to follow in the championship and yet play some of the worst football. Apparently up to last week, we had the fewest shots of anyone in the league. I know that not everyone liked sheepshanks but at least he was an Ipswich man and wanted what was best for the club. I have no idea what ME wants for the club but he is going the right way to pushing attendances below10000

5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

And Sheepshanks never hid from what were very difficult times!!

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

This is one of the final nails in the ITFC coffin- disgraceful. Ok, I think its campaign letter writing time. I will draft one up. Pse advise me where to share or attach. Or I am happy to share my email.....quite a few already have my contacts.

At least it is pro-active action, lets off steam. Our friends on twtd can do the same.

Addressed to ME & Directors?

I do like the Robbins...in dire straits after good start, and they still go for it, win games against the odds.....and climb the table!
    When did we last play attacking footie and win a match?...scratch my head!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

We are in a relegation battle for definite now. I can see us easily getting sucked into it with the fixtures we have left!!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Gaffer also send to the local media?....

9. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

They are all so far up MM's arse so nothing will get printed!

If we lose today then we are in a relegation dogfight make no mistake. A fantastic time to announce ST price increases. Haven't we poor fans suffered enough this year!

10. johnnywarksmoustache

No he just drove our club into administration with his hubris and vanity. Not paying the poor St Johns ambulance, and leaving many little local businesses massively out of pocket while taking a salary out of the club for himself was disgusting IMO. He is one of the main reasons for why we are where we are today.! Sheepshanks has a lot to answer for in this sorry mess I'm afraid. Not backing Joe Royle when we had a real chance of getting promoted was another gross dereliction of duty as chairman. Selling our club to a ticket tout spiv was his finial act of vandalism before he fooked off to his cushy non job at the FA! We have nothing much to thank him for IMO. <ok>

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    San Diego and fieldmarshall like this.

11. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

JWM, sitting on the fence there regarding sheepshanks

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

12. johnnywarksmoustache

Great to see you back Redruth and I hope you will stick around as we need all the support we can get! <laugh>

We should be following the example of Charlton and Coventry supporters by taking direct action! Hit ticket touts in his pocket by not going to games and organising mass protests before and during home games! The big problem though us that we are traditionally too nice and friendly in sleepy Suffolk. We like a good old moan about how everything is wrong but won't do a god damn thing about trying to make things right! Our apathy over the current situation is just as damaging as what Tax dodger is doing to our club!

Rant over......

San Diego likes this.
  13. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I would take Relegation if it gets rid of 'The Bullshitters'.......

14. Redruth

always looking at the forum, but don't get to many games these days, so find it a bit difficult to join in with a lot of the threads.<whistle>

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I think there is more on this forum than fans at the games these days.......:emoticon-0120-doh:.

16. Southcoastoldgaffer

I am still going to write a little firecracker!

17. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

You're spot on Jonny and the most sick making thing about it all was that Sheepshanks salary was £80,000 for a 3 day week all those years ago.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  18. Redruth

not looking at good moment. my main time at the ground was from 74 onwards, break in the 80s (army) then late 80s, then I moved away & have never seen many games since. I have stood on the terraces at Boundary park freezing cold & various other grounds when I can get to them.
    But back then the football was enjoyable. & if the football was a bit flat then there was generally a punch up going on some where :biggrin:

19. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It's all one big, sick ****in' joke.
    I can't stand Marcus Evans or the puppets he puts in place to run our club.

Welcome back Redruth <ok>

Redruth and johnnywarksmoustache like this.
  20. Southcoastoldgaffer

Maybe it is time for a good old punch-up!! I could do a good 10 rounds at skool in the ring before I got my head blown away.
    ME is just about my size, height and weight..gimme! Someone needs to knock a bit of sense into him.

Redruth likes this.