1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

shock horror: leeds manager sacked

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

didnt see that one coming for one minute. <doh>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28976281

in the oddball chairman stakes, ours takes some beating, but this eccentric italian is my idea of a nightmare owner. i wouldn't wish him on any team (or would i <laugh>).

any guesses to how many managers they will get through in the next, say, 3 years? conservative guess of 5 for me.

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

If this current guy stays there then they could go through 3 or 4 this season.

I think they are about to go into complete free fall.

Leeds and Blackpool will be tailed off at the bottom this season in my opinion and I think both could end up in League 2.

Yeah we cant laugh at owners but how this guy has been allowed to get his hands on Leeds I dont know.

3. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

he's a convicted fraudster. which means he fits in nicely with the big wigs at FIFA.

4. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

[h=2]Convictions and arrests[edit][/h]Cellino was arrested in February 2013 with the mayor of Quartu Sant'Elena, Mauro Contini, and the public works commissioner Stefano Lilliu, for attempted embezzlement and fraudulent misrepresentation following an investigation into the construction of the Stadio Is Arenas.[SUP][28][/SUP] Cellino was held in custody for over two weeks, in a case which remains unresolved. Cellino's arrest warrant called him a man of "marked criminal tendencies...capable of using every kind of deception to achieve his ends".[SUP][28][/SUP] Cellino has two prior criminal convictions, for deceiving the Italian Ministry of Agriculture out of £7.5m in 1996 and for false accounting at Cagliari in 2001.[SUP][28]

See, it was just a misunderstanding[/SUP]

5. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

how did he get through that fit and proper person test eland?

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Think it was the definition of criminal.

One conviction spent, the other where he was charged with not paying VAT on his boat he boat in the States and bought over to Italy, he is appealing, so therefor not convicted

7. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

fair enough&#8230;&#8230; then again, the human rights pioneer thaksin shinawatra owned man city for a while, though i'm not 100% whether the fit and proper test was in force&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

There are a lot of Chairman that are in the position they are in by manipulation, underhand tactics, embezzlement in some way or are too clever to be caught. In fact, it would be difficult to go through the Prem and the Championship without digging up enough dirt to bury them ten times over, unless of course they came into money

9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

How did fecking Bates?

10. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

This isn't meant as a dig because we have no say in who owns our respective clubs but I'd rather Leeds ended up in L2 than play in red in the PL.
    Anything other than all white would just change the whole identity of the club

11. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Like they did in 1960

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leeds_United/Leeds_United.htm

12. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Almost any other club can preach to us about the colours but not ****ing Leeds.

The correlation between league position and match attendances suggest the vast majority of fans would rather pay to see their side in a higher division but each to their own.

We'd all rather we were still in Blue but we don't own the club. Tearing it apart with protests wouldn't help and I'm not going to let a colour stop me supporting my club.

13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Fck me - how many times have we heard that sort of stuff from visitors to this forum and elsewhere.

For all his faults, at least our owner is putting his money into the club rather than taking it out. Tan knew nothing about the game until a few years back and has been on a steep learning curve. He's made some mistakes in those early days for sure, but this Cellino guy of yours has been in and around the game most his life and still f**s it up.

You might yet get your wish pal and be down in the basement in a couple of years - at least you'll still be a "big club" and playing in white eh?

14. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

They're massive Sparks....... Main rivals Manchester Utd <laugh><laugh>

15. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

They even changed their nickname no longer the Peacocks now the Lily livered whites.

16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see Malky is currently 33/1 to get the job - as long as they don't give him a phone..........<laugh>

17. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

well you're in luck because they'll be there befor long

18. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

19. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

seems everyone is on the base rate of pay swamp, so why not try and bring thee wages down in our working class game <whistle>

leeds fans must be gutted they have no power over its clubs destiny, and I for one know how they feel <ale>

welcome 2 thy beautiful game

[video=youtube;PMpu8jH1LE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMpu8jH1LE8&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;7XIIO-fyUEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIIO-fyUEw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;OZg74STOfig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZg74STOfig&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

20. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

You had your identity changed some time ago. You're no different to us, just a differet era. Why aren't you campaigning to return to your roots and yellow and blue? Learn your history before becoming a hypocrit and discussing ours.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leeds_United/Leeds_United.htm