1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sheff Wed v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

For me the last in what has a tricky opening 8 games... I have said before the next 8 on paper are easier ( I’m aware the championship isn’t played on paper). We are 5 points off top and 3 points off third a win here going into the next 8 would be a massive result!

No away game in the championship is easy and Sheff Wed I expect to be a top ten team. I see them as an organised solid team who won’t give much away. In Bannan they have a great midfielder and a few big names up top! Though they can be inconsistent they get couple of results that make you think they will be challengers and lose a silly one!

Tough away fixture but is winnable and would be massive. I stayed 3/4 points from West Brom and Wednesday would be good, it would be very Fulhamish to kick up the home game but then go and win the away one!

The big two questions are does Arter come back in, if so who for? I just don’t think you can drop Reed after his motm performance so possibly Reid May drop out! It wouldn’t shock me if we go with both Arter and Reed away but bring in Reid for home games! Secondly do we keep Betts in? Personally I think it’s time to see Rodak but I think Parker will stick with Betts for a while longer!!

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I agree with most of that, Cookie. I think Arter will (and should) come back into the 11, and Bobby Reid is likely to be the one to make way. I think I'd stick with Bettinelli personally, but I'd be quite happy for Rodak to get his chance too. Other than that, the team probably picks itself.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Cookie, I'm in full agreement, Reed and Arter in, Reid on the bench if we need to push on later in the game. I also believe Scott will stick with Betts, it would do him far more harm than good to be dropped right now. The up side is we have a good replacement in Rodak if the time comes.
    It will be difficult tomorrow, but we have the players and the tactics to get a positive result, just need to put away some of the chances we are making a plenty.
    COYW's

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Match Referee GEOFF ELTRINGHAM 12 booking in 4 games, last game was Stoke City v Bristol City where he sent off Joe Allen.

Agree with the above Arter & Reed to do the tackling & Donkey work and Cairney to do the craft.
    Bettinelli needs a few outstanding games, clean sheet and no more fumbles will be a start.

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

We need to convert all our possession into goals. Barry Bannon for me is the man to stop playing as he seems to be the man that makes things happen for Wednesday.

Should be a good game. On paper we should win but we've not yet got going (bar poor old Millwall) I see another draw coming taking into account it is Monk's first home game.

2whitestripes likes this.
  6. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Well I predicted a draw but it felt like a defeat today with them scoring in the 93rd minute. This is becoming a predictable story all these late goals being conceded. We do seem to mess about, time waste and give away niggly fouls in the last 10 minutes of a game when we are winning and it doesn't seem to be doing us any good. Artur having come on for the last 20 mins was like a man possessed and if anything just woke Wednesday up.

We need to sort this out, bar the Barnsley game we have played well but with out front three we really need to be doing better in terms of goals. Frustrating afternoon ... again.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

We must have the greatest back 4 in Europe with all the possession stats that they have, surely Barcelona and Real Madrid will come knocking soon and offer us a cash load of money. :emoticon-0143-smirk:emoticon-0145-shake
    Shame is we are supposed to have the best forward line in this division that most teams fear, but !!!