1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season's verdict

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by tuscanlatic, Apr 25, 2011.

1. tuscanlatic

tuscanlatic New Member

Just watched Dickov's post match interview on Latics Player after getting back from BP. He's made a few mistakes this season but overall he's done well and, providing the club doesn't fold, things look promising for next year. I can understand that he felt the need to stamp his personality on the club but I think we could have done with Gregan as possible alternative to Hazell and certainly as back up to Hazell and M'voto. Tarkowski looks a great find but Jarrett, Todd and Trotman ? The kids look great prospects (Tarky, Winchester, Millar, Bembo-Leto, Evina) while Black and Alessandra are still only young and haven't done their prospects any harm. Chesterfield fans I know tell me that Smalley has also found his form again. One thing I can't understand is why none of our managers since Royle (first time round) have given any of our young keepers a chance; Terry Smith, Ryan Smith, Josh Bell, Josh Ollerenshaw have al made it to the bench but no further. Go on Paul, grasp the nettle; we're safe from relegation, give Routledge a game or recall Ollerenshaw and play him.

2. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

My Season verdict is a good one.
    We've played good football and got a few monkeys off our back (Not scoring more than two in our game, Not winning at Griffin Park) and we got 4 points of a team that always is a contender for promotion and has a budget over 4 times bigger than our (The Sheep lovers).
    Bearing in mind, a few players are currently in their first Season of first team football, they're a bunch of Youngsters and they're doing fantastic!
    Dickov needs to sit down, watch a few of our match DVD's look where we were good and bad, patch things up and hopefully bring in a goal scorer, and drop a few players.
    Next Season, if we get a good cup run and play some decent football, I think money won't be as bad for us.
    Games like Rochdale, Hudds, Preston, Both Sheff clubs and Bury should bring in bring crowds (Home and away!).
    Onwards and Upwards!
    Up the 'tics!
    Keep the Faith!

<ok>

3. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

i was a little surprised when you dropped away as you did but taking into acount the age of several of the players maybe you have a good point Yonner. Our game was just one of those odd ones where we seemed to score every time we attacked. Haven't been able to repeat it since. Looking at the clubs likely to drop down it should be another competitive season next year as well.

4. Welcome to the North

Yeah, should be a good Season coming up.
    Hope Saints end up second mate, keep those Yorkies from 'Udds down!

5. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

Yes, we want to keep Huddersfield in League 1 for purely selfish financial reasons!

:emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Welcome to the North

<laugh>
    And we're not to fond of all the White Rosers anyway <laugh>