1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Seasonal Greetings Everyone.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

By that I mean have a happy Christmas everyone and a prosperous New Year to all.

There should be a preservation notice on little old grandads who venture near a supermarket on the Saturday before Christmas.
    For years now Mrs Plym has done the main shop mid-week....and Saturday 7am I've popped into our local Supermarket picking up things like Milk, Bread, Detergent, 5L Bottled Water,...bulky objects etc.
    I generally drive in and park 4th or fifth car along......pop around a relatively empty store and back to the car in 20 minutes.

This morning....SMASH, BANG, WALLOP....queuing to get in to the car park....driving around until I found a space (500 spaces)...couldn't find my type of small trolley....in fact the trolley park was nearly empty...so end up with a rather large trolley....inside it was a super sized bumper car, free for all....they had obviously been open all night by the look of it....shelves where becoming empty and looked extremely sad....you felt that you should of worn a crash helmet and body armour....thank goodness I only need a few things....there where couples standing around with a large trolley each....hubbies were pushing one and towing another behind them as the little misses darted here and there bring items back to the trollies...horror of horrors....I made it back to the car, having taken twice as long to do my little bit of shopping, I was a spent force and back to the refuge of a locked car, whilst I took deep breathing exercises to regain my composure.

Did I use to be one of those hubbies years back...protecting our purchases from desperate shoppers, who could see that one item they couldn't find sitting in your trolley....I'm sure it was never this bad in the seventies and eighties.....consumerism has taken over the world....and the total cost of computer games for the grandchildren, cost now what my first car cost back in the 1960's....£200 for a Austin A35.....help, stop the world and let me get off.

HAPPY HOLS EVERYONE...and success for Argyle for the rest of the season as well.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Going to No.1 son's for Christmas day for dinner and tea and any other food I can scrounge. Going to No.1 daughter's for Boxing Day for dinner and tea and any other food I can scrounge. Total amount of Christmas shopping is absolutely zero, zilch nada. You need to sort yourself out Plym.

Let me just wish everyone a very happy christmas and new year. I hope everyone gets what they wish for and are as successful as they can be or wish to be for 2018.

3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

A Merry Christmas to you Plym and the rest of our Gang.
    I did find a parking spot but had to walk a bit.
    Note....I have driven for 46yrs over here.... yet once in a while i will still go to the right door looking for the steering wheel.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Merry Christmas to you all from Sunny Malta. Parking horrendous here at the best of times so got my shopping delivered. Majority of it was ooch :emoticon-0136-giggl

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Driven over 50 years on the left hand side.....hired on holiday in Greece once, and Mrs Plym sat in the passenger seat without a steering wheel breaking at every moment before me....Greeks didn't seem to bother too much about the highway code (have they got one ?) or which side of the road they drive on.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas all and scrouge.. oh i meant Sensible.

Have a great day <party>

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bleddy Scrouge????????????????? My lot have cost me most of my hair and my slender torso. Not to mention my Spanish Villa with swimming pool. I'm offended now. Hope your glitter balls drop off and your turkey escapes ................

8. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Merry Christmas one and all. A bit strange this year - back to 'work' tomorrow; I think that I got too used to the 2 weeks off every year while I was in the Andrew.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Bit late but retrospective Merry Christmas to you all.