1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Apr 3, 2019.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The next installment is out.

brb likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

It's a bit like waiting for a good home performance (a.k.a. watching paint drying / grass growing. )

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

Well seeing grumpy's latest video addition it's looking at a price drop...and need to sell 3,000 ST's which is not an unreasonable target. However, the target ought to be higher, a minimum 4,000 - so this might suggest the savings might disappoint me.

Well ive given my pricing structure and attendance target, and i dont believe my numbers to be unreasonable or unachievable, let's see if the next video installment lives up to all the hype.

grumpygit likes this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

It could be that the first 3000 tickets (early bird) are at a reduced price.
    But I prefer the idea that the first 3000 are reduced, on reaching 3000 the price tumbles again.

5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Be surprised if under £300.
    If £300 that's only £13 per game.

6. alwaysright

I've heard that Scally is giving a really special deal -- but it's only available to view on Beta Max

brb likes this.
  7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The long wait is over.

8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

That's £13.04 per game, as cheap as going to watch National league.

brb and gioblues like this.
  9. gioblues

Well done Scally and the club. £300 for Rainham End is a really good price. Only £13 a match. Let's hope we can get 3000 season ticket holders to make it worthwhile.
    Also of coarse we get some decent players in the summer and win more games at home

brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

I said £260 for 23 games and Scally comes back with £300, only just shy of £1.74 difference per game, not even the price of a pint of beer. I can't knock it but will wait until the full pricing structure for all stands goes on sale. I could be tempted, because unlike the last time i had a season ticket, i will not be out of pocket after just 3 missed games. At current match day prices excluding online admin fees, for 23 games at full adult price it would cost me £506 to attend every home game! So in comparison to the current pricing structure, i would only have to commit to attending 13/14 games to get my money back, and midweek is always a problem for me.

11. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

But note that if you do become a STH again and miss a game that resembles Hereford, we can assure you we won't let you forget it :emoticon-0105-wink:<cheers>

brb likes this.
  12. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Because the core of our team is made up with young players, List, Hanlan, RCC, it bodes well for a brighter future as they continue to develop.
    I just hope that some of the people who have whinged on about prices will now take this opportunity, and get along to support the team.
    with prices slashed 10% across the board, and closer to 25% for the Rainham end, we need to see an extra 1000 on the gate if Scally is to see this as a success.
    Attempts at low season ticket prices for the Townend failed to see a response in supporter numbers, if low prices in the Rainham end fail to increase fan numbers I don't see what else Scally can do.

brb likes this.
  13. alwaysright

1. Well done, Mr. Scally. Prices for tickets needed to reduced - I hope that it will tempt a lot of people.
    2. brb - don't worry about missing midweek games - we haven't won a Tuesday night league game since 2015.
    3. The extra fee for purchasing tickets on match day needs to scrapped - I am sure it must have a deterrent effect - much more than it's worth.
    4. As with anything else I buy - price is no guarantee of quality - nor is it an absolute indicator of value. Mr.Scally has tried to offer cheap tickets in the past - without success ( Brian Moore Stand ). I like a bargain, as much as the next person - but I won't** buy crap just because it's cheap. If the performances on the pitch continue to be 'mediocre' at best, Mr. Scally will continue to see fewer people - no matter how low the ticket prices reach.
    I sincerely wish Mr. Scally good luck - but the real way to get people back into the ground is to have success on the pitch - then he can raise the prices by 35% -- just like he did immediately after we won at Wembley to be promoted to the Championship

**I buy some crap because I am stupid.

brb likes this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

Can I have my ball back please <whistle><laugh>

15. gioblues

I predicted between £300 and £350

16. brb

brb CR250

Rainham End £300
    GRS £355 - £405 (£305 in both corner stands)
    MS £320 - £410

17. alwaysright

My current ( 2 year ) season ticket shows that I paid £345 for this season . The renewal price I have paid for next season has cost me £355. Can somebody explain what happened to the " at least 10% price cut " ( I think the expression 'SLASHED' ** was quoted by Mr.Scally ).............
    This just goes to show that the 2 year deal wasn't 'great' - and with the crap quality on offer, has been absolutely poor value-for-money..............

I hear that some people in the Medway Stand - whose seats are in the newly designated 'family' area - have discovered that their online price band has placed them into the 'child' pricing bracket -- and these (( less than honest )) fans have 'cashed in' !! ------ perhaps I SHOULD have bought the senior season ticket that was on offer.

** I could be crude and tell you how just how much I feel ' slashed on' as a STH of many years --- I certainly have got plenty of time to tell you - it's not as if I would be too busy to report how well we played against Shrewsbury today ( and all the other crap home performances over the last three years ( in particular )

I now need to go and empty my bladder - I have still got my season ticket book in my pocket -- do you dare me ? - it's the only way that MY season ticket will be 'slashed'

gioblues likes this.
  18. gioblues

Yes it seems the only really good deal seems to be Rainham end . Also have done away with the extra £2 for matchday price which is good except now you will pay @£24 instead of the £22 if u paid in advance.

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

I'm beginning to wonder if the Chairman is acknowledging the past arguments between, pay up front season ticket holders and match day prices.

Example, when I last had an ST some seasons back, I had worked out with all the offers throughout the season, I only had to miss more than three games and I was out of pocket.

Taking an ST means committing to every Saturday and every mid-week evening game, along with any last minute rearranged fixtures. It just became no longer viable for me.

However, if the match day price is increased across the board to £24 it makes an ST much more viable in conjunction with the early bird offers. The difference between £22 and £24 is £46 in a season, so in theory an additional two game benefit to ST holders.

To explain better; If I attend all 23 home games it would cost me £552. Yet I can buy an ST dependent on where you sit roughly for most fans between £300 - £355. So let's take that higher price...that is a saving of £197 - That now means you can miss eight games in a season before being out of pocket, so after attending 15 games, anything over is a bonus to the ST Holder, although many may disagree with it being a bonus when braving the elements to watch a pile of you know what served up!

I guess Scally can't win either way, but I do feel he has better balanced the structure between ST Holder and Match Day prices, without being out of pocket. I think previously it favoured the Match Day prices and I feel for those that stump a lot of money up front, that was unfair.

On a separate note do I think £24 is a fair price to watch a game, no, so I hasten to point out my thoughts are based on structure of pricing, rather than the cost of going to a game itself.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    alwaysright likes this.
  20. gioblues

You can of coarse give your season ticket to someone else if you can't make the fixture

alwaysright likes this.