1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets..

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Scowey, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Anyone renewing?
    Never had one, not ever likely to either (what with living a good few hours away and still playing sports on Saturdays)

There's a lot of hoo-ha on TWTD that people won't renew and the stands will be left half empty.. or even less full than they have been for years
    Those season ticket holders could well be lost forever given the downward spiral we've been in.. Habits could easily be broken and new Saturday rituals developed.
    Personally I think the 'casual fan' (myself included) are just as likely to be lost. I used to make a dozen or so matches a season.. I've made 1 this season. Not even sure who we play most weekends now and have little interest in anything but the results.

There will be some interesting conversations in the corridors of Portman Road in the coming weeks and months.. We'll never hit the 12,700 target for Season ticket sales and if/when we fall drastically short of that there will be some uncomfortable conversations around how to rectify the situation.. or more likely how to fill the void in the budget. That will be when even more fans could be lost for good.

itfcptc likes this.
  2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

A classic downward spiral! <ok>

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I will be renewing,as stated before it's as much a family/social event as much as anything although SWMBO and several friends think I'm mad!
    Be interested to see if my brother in law renews as he is just over 60 and will revert back to full price ticket not concession.

4. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I'll wait till we are in league2.......but I suppose that Evans will insist on a hefty rise even then 'so the fans can do their bit' the dodgy ****er.