1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season tickets cancel

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by yellowcanary, Aug 25, 2011.

1. yellowcanary

yellowcanary Member

just seen in the local paper 160 people have had to upgrade or cancel their season tickets because the age that they had given was not correct, it was for people under 21.this year you had to show them your births certicate etc i know this as i have a 10 year old son.one persons was a adult getting a under 12 ticket shocking.Norwich city are disappointed with the people who have done it because they are cheating their fellow fans.they are still waiting on 82 of the people who have not been in touch feeling guilty i bet.

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

If a system can be cheated you can be certain some people will try to do exactly that.
    Good to see the club are now insisting on proof of age and acting accordingly on it <ok>

3. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

I've got a younger brother who is only 17 (I'm almost 35) and quite a few times, like Sunday for example, I've used his U-21 ticket and always paid the 20 odd quid upgrade but have never been asked to show it up until this week. Being an honest and thoroughly decent chap I'd never even dream of trying to blag it it but the fact nobody ever checked it suggests to me that a lot of people probably do.

I was pleased that on Sunday the lady on the turnstile demanded to see the upgrade slip straight away and tore off the end bit which had never happened before so it's good to know the club are finally clamping down on the cheats and swindlers.

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't believr they are being given the chance to upgrade.
    What they did was embezzlement/fraud, simple as.
    Those tickets should be invalidated and re-sold to some of the people unlucky enough to still be on the waiting list <ok>

5. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Spot on, if they did that it would send a very powerful message

6. ncfcwonky

ncfcwonky New Member

It's against the law, fraud act 2006, am I going too far if I say that anyone dishonestly applying for a season ticket should be prosecuted?

7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No, as I said yesterday, the easiest and fairest way is to let genuine fans have those tickets, and the smart cookies who thought they could rip off the club / fellow fans can listen on the firkin radio <ok>

8. yellowcanary

yellowcanary Member

how long did the people think they could get away with it you always get caught in the end.

9. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I've always found it quite painful when you get caught in the end!

<sorry>