1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Seaham Hall woodland devastation

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bigmackem, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

In the name of progress lots and lots of mature trees have been felled and woodland cleared for the erection of a number of upmarket lodges . The area is inhabited by lots of wildlife or should I say was until the contractors moved in and ruined everything . It would appear that they had planning permission but on a site far removed from where the work is being done , to date the local MP , council and Seaham Hall have not responded and are investigating , I feel retrospective planning permission will be on the agenda . Seaham have your say Facebook has a lot of info if anyone is interested ,particularly those interested in safeguarding our environment And history , it is an interesting topic .

2. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

Seen this happen a few times. Really mature trees get chopped, devlopers go 'oh no', pay a token fine and move onto the next one. ****ers.

3. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Unbelievable Jeff. Cannot believe this still goes on

4. Roppa

Roppa Well-Known Member

Understand there was a badger set that they’ve simply filled in, apparently it was abandoned, didn’t realise about the planning aspect, I’ll complain immediately, bit late like walked past there last weekend and it’s flat and grassed.

5. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Shocking and disgraceful..

Random lad likes this.
  6. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

money talks every time though...a few local areas are being built on now with lots of 'wildlife land' being lost.

7. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

Apparently Seaham Hall claim they were unaware that their contractors were working on clearing a totally different area , I suppose they will blame Covid pandemic for distracting them . They should be made to halt any further work and be made to replace everything they have destroyed and revoke the already received planning permission until this work is completed before they are allowed to build where they are supposed to . The people of Seaham consider that we are being taken for fools with boycotts and disruption being threatened , I think we should wait to see what the authorities action is first , if no action is taken it will reflect very badly on Durham CC .

Random lad, Roppa and samwise_new like this.
  8. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

sad to see this kind of behaviour from developers who think they can try it on without reproach, but unfortunately when Boris bangs his fist on the lectern and shouts 'build,build,build' and then announces loads of planning procedures are being binned, this kind of gives the green light for this sort of thing. The red tape is rapidly disappearing from our planning system, and whilst an overhaul is well overdue, I think once the floodgates are open it'll just go mental. As for Durham CC, I wouldn't hold your breath on them jumping into action.

9. Roppa

Roppa Well-Known Member

That’s bollocks from seaham hall mind they were clearing it in January long b4 lockdown

10. Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist Well-Known Member

lpy.JPG

Taken from 'Seaham Have Your Say '-Facebook

Sandy Camel likes this.