1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

scouting for summer signings needs to start now , who should leeds bring in ?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Feb 21, 2016.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

The scouting for summer signings needs to start NOW NOT at the end of the season , we need to
    get a list of players to narrow down to about 5 players in my view these players remember it does not matter
    if they cost more than we have been spending for transfer money and wages as remember the owner is a BILLIONAIRE so lets go for it from premiership players who are unhappy at their present club , not been played,
    even and most important want to get leeds back to were we belong in the premiership !! to players in championship and lower divisions and abroad . the list then needs to be pinned to cellino.s door at elland road and then told GET THESE OR GO !

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was listening to talk sport yesterday, they were slamming Newcastle and Villa.

The pundits were saying they hope the likes of Sunderland and Norwich stay up.

The reason being Sunderland have players that are less quality than Newcastle but they are players that will give 110% every week day in and day out.

Look at Chelsea this season, yes it does cost money for quality but you need players who give it their all too.

OLOF and Whitejock like this.
  3. sniffer1

So whats your point ? are you saying that leeds players are of the highest quality ( wooton etc. ) and that we should not go out there and get the best we can ? ? do you think that wooton etc give their all ? and if he does is his all good enough ? or would you say even at 110% wooton would not even be at league 2 level ? and the others it sounds like you dont want to get anyone else ? or think that leeds cannot get better quality ???

4. sniffer1

you say sunderland players give their all was'nt it sunderland players last year that were accused of having their holiday heads on knowing they were safe from relegation before the end of last season ???

http://myinforms.com/en/a/20113766-paul-merson-says-this-sunderland-player-can-be-lazy-at-times/

5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I can understand why Ristac didn't reply to this comment, you're ****ing hard work mate
    seriously, are you a wum?

ristac likes this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No idea, I didn't say they give 110% the pundits did.

What part of "yes it does cost money for quality but you need players who give it their all too" do you not understand, tell me and I will see if I can help you.

Did I mention ANY names yet alone Wootton?

strachallister likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Popcorn is available.....

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ate all mine watching WJ and yourself ;)

OLOF, Leedsoflondon and Whitejock like this.
  9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Assuming the paint had already dried if you had to force yourself to witness that! :D

Leedsoflondon and Farsleyexile like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If I am being honest, I was a bit surprised by it all, I thought you two were mates. I wasn't sure at first if it was banter or not, hence why I try to avoid getting involved in it (banter). Hopefully when the dust settles you will both :emoticon-0150-hands and move on (after you have apologised) <nahnah>

Irishshako likes this.

11. Whitejock

Best if I don't comment further, I think.

12. Chippy / Glory

Indeed.

13. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Maybe you should be addressing these comments to Cellino, who may well be a billionaire but when it comes to football clubs and players, doesnt like to spend a lot of money. The most he has spent on a player in the last 6 years is 4.1 million euros. He likes to buy cheap young players, that he will hopefully be able to sell on for a profit in the future.

Whilst I agree with you that I would like us to participate more actively in the transfer market, and not shop around in the bargain basement, I feel that with Cellino in charge of the purse strings, we may well be waiting a long time for that to become a reality.

14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

How can you scout for players now when Cellino got rid of all your scouts?

15. Whitejock

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, Aski, but he surprised me (& probably us all, tbh) by shelling out so much for Wood. Who knows what's going to happen next. We might be in for a few surprises. I've been impressed by Evan's type of player so far, in the form of Bridcutt & Dave. Our defence is fairly stable, so he can focus on attacking mid & strikers in the summer. Plus strengthening the bench too, of course.

Quite looking forward to seeing an Evans team - so far, he's only been able to use his own 3 signings & Roslers' 'park the bus' players. Fingers crossed.

FORZA LEEDS and Farsleyexile like this.
  16. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Whilst that is true, its still only his second highest transfer fee spent over a period of 6 years, and if you go by Sniffers criteria of who we should be signing, then Wood wouldn't be in that list.

Now forgetting whether we would want to sign these players or not, could you see Cellino shelling out the fees for Rhodes, Mccormack, Andre Gray, Nugent or even Tom Ince (players signed by Championship clubs)

Nugent and Ince were both around the £6 million mark, the others were all over £10 million, and whilst I am not condoning that we go out and spend that type of money, if you read Sniffer's post, that to me is what he is suggesting, although I actually think Sniffer feels we should be getting better quality than those players I mentioned, so we would be looking at possibly even higher outlays.

Hence my response to Sniffer, if he is looking for this type of player quality and the costs associated with obtaining those players, then I feel we will be waiting a long time for Cellino to put his hand in his pocket.

At best we are going to get the likes of Wood, young players , who are on the fringe of regular first team football, who may have the potential but are by no means the finished article.

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  17. Chippy / Glory

No point in directing your very valid and thus far proven points to an apologist for the Cellino regime.
    At least the foot soldiers for Cellino posting on other sites are getting paid for their efforts.

18. Whitejock

Do you really have to poison every thread with your spite?

19. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  20. Chippy / Glory

No spite, just a statement of fact, or are you suggesting Cellino is also paying you to post the positive bollocks?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016