1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scott Parker to stay at West Ham

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by KOBY, Aug 2, 2011.

1. KOBY

KOBY Guest

If this is true then I truely think WH will runaway with the Championship.
    Scott Parker,Mark Noble,Matt Taylor and Kevin Nolan is one hell of a backbone for this league.

West Ham have been given a huge boost after reports midfielder Scott Parker has told the club he will stay at Upton Park next season, with chairman David Gold also delighting Hammers fans by promising to invest in a new forward.

His commitment to the cause under new manager Sam Allardyce has boosted hopes the 30-year-old will stay and the club's transfer market activity in bidding for an immediate return to the Premier League is also understood to be motivating him to remain in the claret and blue.

With things seemingly on the up under Allardyce, joint-chairman Gold also vowed that the Hammers manager would be given the funds to bring in another front-man to lead the line in the Championship.

'I can say for certain that we will at least bring in another striker,' he said.

'We will not leave a stone unturned to get the players Sam wants, as was the case with those we have brought in already.'

The promise by Gold suggests that Carlton Cole is ready to move on after five seasons at West Ham and one possible name being mooted is Birmingham striker Cameron Jerome.

Jerome didn't feature in Blues' recent friendly with Everton and his departure wouldn't come as a surprise to new manager Chris Hughton, who has seen a host of names walk out on the Midlands club following last season's relegation

2. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

Scotty is undoubtably one of the best and is far too good for the Championship...I'd be amazed if he's still with you by the end of August....If he is, then your chances of finishing in the top six will be much better <cheers>

3. KOBY

KOBY Guest

I will have a bet, that we wrap it up by xmas if he stays

4. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

A fool and his money etc!!!!

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I suppose it'll take you a few weeks longer then if he goes?

6. KOBY

KOBY Guest

....2/3 weeks at the most

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I see, well before we play our return game at the CCS then? If that's the case, I suppose you'll go easy on us in March?

8. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Im sure last time we played at Cardiff we won 0 - 3 - I think WH will win on
    this week as you guys are getting over your play off hangover and WH have a better
    team

9. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

West Ham and Leicester will everybody in that division behind IMO. Both clubs may as well book their flights to Manchester/Liverpool/London etc now <ok>

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

If that's what you think, fair enough mate. It's a free country, even for the one-eyed. <ok>

Not over confident then? Another from the one-eyed tribe contributes.

There are a few teams that are going to have a shock this season - the two you mention could well be heading for a fall from that pedestal.

All the best for the season. <ok>

11. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

good news that Scotty will stay, more good news in that Boa Morte has finally left :D

12. KOBY

KOBY Guest

I think it was the right time for Boa' to leave but I feel a tad bit sorry for him,he always
    gave 100%,his lack of composure maybe didnt do him any favours with the fans
    but I would take his effort over some of the big time charlies any day

13. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Great mid field but sh!te defence and Carlton Cole up front. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Wasn't you relagated for some reason?

15. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Same reason why Cardiff have never played top flight football,and probably never will.
    Cant believe Cardiff fans are looking at the likes of Robert Green,Tomkins,Faye,Nolan,Taylor,Parker,Piquionne,Noble,Cole... and questioning the ability
    to run away with this league.

If your lucky we will loan you one of our youngsters

16. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Koby, it's impossible to win the league by Christmas, you can't get enough points. Anyway, it doesn't matter if Parker stays or not. With Allardyce as manager he's just going to get a stiff neck watching the ball go over his head as it is hoofed from the back to the front!

With what you've spent on signings and what your wage bill will be, you'd better hope you get promoted or there'll be a fire sale at the end of the season.

17. KOBY

KOBY Guest

I have no doubt that we will be back in the Premiership next year,can you say the same ?
    As for BIG SAM playing hoof it football I coudnt really give a ****,I dont think
    our squad have limited ability so if we were to go direct then fine but if we need to
    play then we still have the quality.

With respect West ham are by far the biggest club in this league and have the best squad.
    We have not sold all of our stars such as Bham and Blackpool.and we are adding players as we speak.

18. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

You want to go on the Leeds board Koby. It would be good to watch you both jerking off over the 'by far the biggest team in the division' falacy.

I bet you were saying last season that 'West Ham are too big a club to be relegated' and 'our players are too good to go down'.

Biggest egos in the division maybe, most arrogant definitely.

As for saying we'll be back in the Premier League next season, no, I can't say that as we've not been in the Premier League. But then you know that don't you.

I actually have you down as favourites to go up, but don't expect it to be easy.

19. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

This is going to be fun. If you lose to us where will that leave you?

20. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

I have just looked back at last season and notice you were relegated to this league due to lack of effort.