1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scott Parker signs 3 Year Contract

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/New-Contract-For-Scott-Parker/

It creates stability, he's had some experience of Premier football all be it a short lived one.

I'm hoping he has learnt from his early experiences in the Championship that he can't be stubborn in the way he wants to play and that he has a more flexible tactical method against teams who will use the high press against us more often.

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Great news that Scott has been given a long term contract.
    Scott had a difficult start with us, the team were used to and probably expected to lose when in the EPL. Once in the EFL he had to install the right mentality and build confidence and to do so needed an initial set of tactics to build on. Up until Christmas we had a fragile defence but once Hector came in we were much more solid. This then allowed Scott to look at tactics differently and we benefited from this from then on. We could grind out results, change when Mitro wasn't available etc. and look at what the opposition were likely to do and set out our stall accordingly.
    Hopefully with a few new players we will move to a higher level, we will need to just to survive. I believe we will have the right players and the right tactics to be safe enough this coming season, the project continues, step by step.

3. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

He's going to have a tough season though. Many fans wanted him before lockdown and when things get tough they'll be waiting to call him out.

I think he's done well so far considering his experience and I think he will get better. You could see how much promotion meant to him at the end of the playoffs.

We just need to support him and the team when things aren't going right. Ex-Fulham player, young, English and fulhamish.What's not to like.

4. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Absolutely !!!!!!!!!!