1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scott has left

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Jun 28, 2021.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

What now?

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I suspect it will all depend on the strategy that the club owners want to pursue.
    Do they even realise that Khan Jr's Transfer Analysis System along with the contract negotiating skill has been mainly a total failure and needs changing. If you compare to Brentfords or Leicester City's you'd chose theirs to Tony's system. If he doesn't realise he's failed then we'll be stuck with the same old Loan rotation.

I always thought Al Fayed had the right plan, bring in Mangers and allow them, within financial restraints, to Manage Football matters. As he once said he doesn't ask them how to Mange Harrods so he doesn't tell them how to manage a Football team which is their expertise, but if they fail him then he would look else where.
    Manager wise I'd like to see a Tigana style manager may be someone like Vincenzo Montella who I thought did well with the likes of Milan and Fiorentina and he has managed smaller clubs on a budget, playing attractive football, but is he a manager for the rough and tumble of the Championship?

2whitestripes likes this.
  3. 2whitestripes

Marco Silva is rumoured to be agreed. Ex Everton and Watford and out of management since 2019 when he left the Toffee's.
    A better manager than several that has been banded about.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

It's been made Official Marco Silva is the new manager
    It would seem that Luis Boa Morte might become his assistant, which is a plus.
    Think fans of Watford are split over him, from playing good football to quitting them to join Everton and the players not liking him, Everton fans say he wasn't a disaster, but he got caught in a power struggle.
    Silva does have a reputation of starting well at clubs then fading away
    If LBM can coach Cavaleiro and Knockaert in the art of being a winger, to actually be able to cross the ball into the area on the run and if Mitro stays there might be an end product.
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this signing, but only time will tell, and will we get a Director of Scouting in time to make a few decent transfers or will we have to rely on Tony Khan again.

5. 2whitestripes

It hasn't lit any fire's for me, but not disappointed. As SBMcB says, time will tell, optimistic, yes.