1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scholes and cartwright, what use are they?

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by ricc full, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

no seriously what do they do?, they made an absolute shambles at trying to get a replacement in for Hughes. They cant manage to get any good transfer deals done. However these arent the main reason for me feeling so angry towards the pair. My reason is this, when Lambert came to Stoke (wasnt who I wanted but hey ho) I thought that he was brilliant in his interviews and said that EVERY PLAYER would get a chance even if they are out on loan. I thought thats great news as we can see what Bojan and Imbula have to offer. The very next day Scholes comes out and says "we will not be recalling ANY Stoke players out on loan". Straight away I thought somethings wrong here as we have 2 conflicting statements. Anyway withinn around 5 hours Lambert came out and said that we wouldnt be recalling ANY loaned out players. I thought it was very unprofessional of Scholes to come out and say the exact opposite of what Lambert said and then to obviously MAKE Lambert change his statement. This is what is a massive problem at Stoke, the manager isnt picking the players. Scholes and his merry men get all of the transfers in and say here you are do something with that lot. Scholes hasnt got a clue about finding good players. To be fair I could go on and on how our club has let us down over the past 18 months but im sure you all know how bad its been. Yes Hughes picked the team and he had to go (although I would have waited until the summer to replace him and just get a caretaker manager to see the season out), but if you arent in charge of getting the players you want then surely a lot of blame has to lie with the people getting the players in. Its been a dreadful 12 months with some honestly embarassing results, and if we do go down which is very very possible I lie the blame like this.

Hughes 40%
    Scholes and his merry men 30%
    players 30%

All in all im one pissed off Stokie.

p.s sorry for the long article and lets hope and pray for 3 points or I think we are down.

2. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Ricc...100% with you on this.
    And the fault lies fairly and squarely witj Peter Coates.

The Chuckle Brothers would be toast at BET365 - even as Janitors **

** No offence to Janitors

ricc full likes this.
  3. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

I will always appreciate what the Coates family have done for us but I agree with you Nicky, by keeping Scholes and the rest of the village people we are in a right mess

4. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They are a fraud and grossly negligent.