1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scally "Gills will have a very competitive budget"

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by GFCSTU, May 14, 2012.

1. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

That is brilliant, could not see us spending much though after last season, it is important that we try and break even as we need to keep the club financially sound, but I have the belief that Scally has a good knowledge of keeping the books good.

3. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

This is indeed good news, but reading the article I am hoping that 2/3 additions will be increased if any of other out of contract players leave. In my opinion we will definitely require for next year a left back, and a left winger, another centre half would also be on my shopping list and then depending whether we decide to retain Kuffour, Tomlin and King and whether we can keep Jackman and Gazza, if not replacements will be required in each of these positions too

4. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

possible money on the way from a jarvis sale and maybe some more now jacko has made prem appearences and scored goals so hopefully it will only increase the budget. then there the chance of a large payment for gazza as well

5. HOADIE_BOI

I think as long as we sign Tomlin Kuffour can go as he will be like a replacement for him, with us having Birchall back that is one more striker we will have avaliable, but we may need someone else in the striking position as a back up as with Kedwell, Birchall, Miller and Tomlin if we sign him that only makes 4 so if Kuffour goes we may need someone else, as we did have Oli before so maybe this is a place where we can make a risk and get a striker from non league who we can work on to make into a good player, maybe someone like Frannie Collins.

6. HOADIE_BOI

And also Bertrand has been playing a lot lately which means more money Chelsea have to pay us.

7. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Hoadie - I wonder if there is enough money in the budget to buy you a full stop ? My lungs almost explode each time I try to read your posts. This <grr>
    is usually the colour of my face by the time I have reached the end of a sentence. :laugh: