1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saudi Arabia football team fail to line up for minute's silence in honour of London terror attack

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

The Saudi Arabian football team were booed by Australian supporters after they failed to properly line up for a minute's silence in honour of the victims of the London Bridge terror attacks.

According to Adam Peacock, who works as a presenter for Fox Sports in Australia, the Asian Football Confederation approved the minute’s silence against the wishes of Saudi Arabia.

The Football Federation of Australia were then unable to persuade Saudi Arabian officials to agree to participate in the tribute.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ilence-honour/

Disgusting, just like their disgusting regime that fund terrorism.

ImpSaint and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  2. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

If this is true they are scumbags. No respect and they obviously don't oppose terrorism. Stuff like this further adds to the boundaries and hatred between different groups of people.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  3. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

Disgusting.

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wonder how they do that? <whistle>

Beef likes this.
  5. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

The Saudi regime supplies arms to ISIS, arms that we sell them. Some people, including the current government, think this is OK.

They are scumbags.

6. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bunch of Saudi ****s.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

It is true, their are pics of the Aussies with arms linked waiting as the Saudi's just carry on warming up

8. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

And remember, May sees nothing wrong with selling these people weapons so they can keep killing innocent civilians. That evil pacifist Corbyn, on the other hand, wants that to stop! Oh that bloody evil Corbyn and his terrorist ways!

9. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

What was the official reason for the Saudi's to not want a minutes silence?
    Is it because 100s are killed in the Middle East and around the world without any worldwide tributes?

Clem Fandango, Saint Helen and Lff like this.
  10. ......loading......

Or because the Saudi's are Wahabbi's, which happens to be the same religious sect as ISIS?

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

We don't do tributes generally for every disaster, but I expect we'd stand still if such a tribute was in progress.

12. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Yep, how any decent person could vote for that bag May beats me. More faces than the town hall clock. A bit like Thatcher, only totally incompetent.

13. saintlyhero

Or you don't know

14. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

I watched a program that predicts if the oil stays the same price, Saudi Arabia will have enough money to last 5 years. their whole country is built on the stuff, you would think the millions that visit Mecca would be important to the economy, but oil funds Mecca as well as a high % visiting Mecca spend nothing and sleep outdoors. Hopefully the USA will use its own reserves, and maybe in a few years Venezuela will come back on line once they get rid of that idiot in charge. Saudi on its knees would solve a lot of problems, but then the radicals would blame the west

PE213 likes this.
  15. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

What he says is the truth though. Well apart from why they didn't do it.

16. saintlyhero

Of course, they should respect the decision once it has been made. Just curious about their original rejection for the silence.

17. ......loading......

Do you?

18. huwliet

huwliet Member

I only post when I feel I have something worthwhile to say and have a good knowledge of the subject matter (a rare occasion.) In this case, having spent most of my working life in the region combatting this terrorism I would like to add that the Saudi government do not support Daesh in the slightest. ISIS, as a group, is widely despised even by Saudi standards. I will not dispute the fact they support radical Sunni groups of Muslims just as Iran supports Shia elements and some of these jump on the ISIS brand name as it gives more publicity to their cause. People are naive to think we can all get along and supporting Saudi Arabia with weapons to combat extremism in Yemen has proved very useful to UK Plc.

The atrocities that occur in the Middle East are widely ignored by us, I didn't see us holding a minutes silence for the innocent people blown up at an ice cream parlour in Baghdad. I don't see us clamouring to support the residents of Kabul blown up on their way to work. What about the innocent South and North Sudanese people who thought they had stability as the country split and are now embroiled in more civil strife? Oh that's right, no one really cares. There's no Facebook profile flags, there's no #prayforbaghdad. Trust me, they're mostly normal people who just want to get on. That football team I'm sure we're instructed not to hold a minutes silence by their Government, I don't know why, but as a normal person under that regime, well, they're probably just getting on!

Clem Fandango, BobbyD, Beddy and 15 others like this.
  19. saintlyhero

No, that's why I was asking the question

20. ......loading......

It's why I gave you my tuppence worth, too. But apparently you only wanted responses direct from the Saudi Embassy?