1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 4th. September 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 3, 2021.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Kempton
    A/W 7 Races 1:00-4:25p.m.
    Wexford
    N/H 7 Races 1:05-4:30p.m.
    Haydock
    Flat 7 Races 1:15-5:25p.m.
    Navan
    Flat 7 Races 1:20-4:45p.m.
    Stratford
    N/H 7 Races 1:25-4:50p.m.
    Thirsk
    Flat 8 Races 1:40-5:40p.m.
    Ascot
    Flat 7 Races 2:00-5:30p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:25-8:30p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck<ok>

SwanHills and karlos5001 like this.
  2. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Stratford 2.30 Hats Off To Larry

Backed this horse when it won at Market Rasen in May and I think with first time cheekpieces today and stable in good form this one could return to the winners enclosure with the longer trip likely a good idea. On a workable mark.

SwanHills, karlos5001 and Pilgrim like this.
  3. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

A rare event has happened: there is a meeting at Haydock Park and the word soft does not appear in the going report.

Sadly, the feature Sprint Cup does not appear to be a betting proposition as the odds on favourite Starman is the form choice, albeit with a reputation slightly tarnished by his failure last time out; and many of his opponents can quite easily be dismissed making this just a watching brief. The other Group race at Newton-le-Willows has only attracted five runners and none of them make much appeal at the available prices with the uncertainty about how the race will be run.

In the Old Borough Cup, I do not think that likely favourite Global Storm will find it easy to give weight away all round. He was an also ran in the Ebor but is still on a 4lb higher mark than when second at Newmarket to another Godolphin horse with Rajinsky and Hochfeld (tried to make all) behind. Rajinsky has not won over this trip since December 2019 but his second at the Ebor meeting over two miles reads well. Northumberland Plate winner Nicholas T has done nothing in three races since and there is no reason to see the old boy stepping up today. Autumn War is suffering from a bout of seconditis in small fields, including once over course and distance and many of the others are inconsistent. One that is progressing the right direction is bottom weight NOBLE MASQUERADE, not out of the first two in four starts, stepping up a couple of furlongs in trip but gets in here well treated after winning by four lengths last time at Windsor. Global Storm is going to struggle to concede 22lb to him.

4. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Good morning horsey peeps :)

Some Telly Avoiders for you:

Haydock

145 My Oberon
    330 Nando Oarado - taking the Dettori hint - ew 4 places 28-1
    220 Praiano
    255 Noble Masquerade (sorry QM)

Kempton
    205 Scot’s Grace
    240 Outbox

Ascot
    310 Champagne Piaff
    345 Ripp Orf

Good luck all <ok>

SwanHills and karlos5001 like this.
  5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Haydock
    14,55 The Trader 20/1 e/w five places with betfair, four with PP, 18/1 five with sky
    15,30 Art Power 10/1 e/w three places, 9/1 four places with PP, betfair and sky

Wexford
    15,55 Carried 11/1 e/w three places with WH, PP and betfair, others 10/1 four places

karlos5001 and SwanHills like this.
  6. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Just came on, basking in the sunlight of glorious Indian Summer-like weather! How very quiet it is on here today,. Better get cracking and see if I can put-up the usual miserable selection. Have to keep trying though! :emoticon-0101-sadsm :bandit:

Very best of luck to all having a go today! <cheers>

Pilgrim, Reebok and karlos5001 like this.
  7. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

I was on Baashir last time and he ran well enough before patently failing to see out the mile. He lost several places in the last half furlong and ran better than his 11th place suggested.

A typical open handicap but back at his winning distance of 7F I felt Baashir could go close today.

3.45 Ascot Baashir 7/1

Pilgrim, karlos5001 and SwanHills like this.
  8. Grendel

Hafit cost more than 2 million and he got off to a winning start from Razzle Dazzle. The runnerup hosed up next time and there is clearly potential in the Godolphin colt. He's plenty short enough though. Triple Time dotted up last time but that was an egg and spoon race.

I felt Power Of Beauty was the one to beat. Runner up in a Listed race when well clear of the rest, a 104 official rating sets a high standard. He's just a bit too short to play in a trappy race though.

I decided to go with Hafit for the Royal Lodge in 3 weeks time. That looks very open at the moment and a win today would see him favourite I feel. He still has it prove but his scope is there.

Royal Lodge 25/9/21 Hafit 10/1

Pilgrim and karlos5001 like this.
  9. SwanHills

14:55 Haydock - Rajinsky
    (Consistent stayer who will run his usual game race. Gelding seems to act on any ground, so current conditions should not be a problem. Richard Kingscote on board for the Tom Dascombe yard. 11/2 available in a few places at time of writing.)

Pilgrim and Reebok like this.
  10. Grendel

Oh well, better a few quid lost at 10/1 than a lot at 8/11 Fav. Very skinny odds on Hafit today with ground to make up on the bare ratings. Power Of Beauty got upset in the stalls and didn't run his race at all today, He's run a good bit short of his rating I feel. Nice front running show from Triple Time. It looked like Hafit was there to take him but he wasn't for catching. Just shows that £2 million spent means nothing on a racecourse, although I am sure Godolphin will appreciate the £8700 for being second today :D

Pilgrim likes this.

11. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Scot's Grace wouldn't have won, but her run was rudely blocked by the fav who swerved across her, causing a big snatch up. I'll be giving this girl another chance.

12. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

13. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Hokum :D

14. SwanHills

Rajinsky very disappointing run, so will have a bit on Creative Force in the Group 1 Sprint at Haydock (15:30). Hope William Buick can bring home the bacon!

Pilgrim likes this.
  15. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Ok Frankie - show us why Nando Parrado is your only ride today ...... and apologies for the added curse of my shillings!

16. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Better jockeys available for rides maybe

Reebok likes this.
  17. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Last! Probably hasn't covered his fuel bill :)

Last chance of a winner for me in Ripp Orf next up (another forlorn hope - I should really give up this lark!)

18. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Another pisspoor day for me ..... Bye folks!

rudebwoy likes this.
  19. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

The Trader and Carried both 4th.

20. stick

stick Bumper King

MINELLA PLUS 7/1 Stratford 4:50
    It’s a pretty poor bumper and this one for me has by far the best pedigree on show. A poor run in an Irish p2p has to be forgiven but this could be far more suitable.

rudebwoy likes this.