1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 4th. February 2023

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 3, 2023.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Lingfield
    A/W 7 Races 12:10-3:36p.m.
    Sandown
    N/H 7 Races 12:35-4:03p.m.
    Wetherby
    N/H 7 Races 1:00-4:30p.m.
    Leopardstown
    N/H 7 Races 1:20-4:30p.m.
    Musselburgh
    N/H 6 Races 1:28-4:20p.m.
    Kempton(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:30-8:30p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

SaveTheHumans and Resurgam like this.
  2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I was surprised to see Paul Townend chose to ride Appreciate It in the Irish Arkle - Dysart Dynamo looks much more an Arkle type to me.

Having said that, Townend has already forgotten more about horses than I will ever know <ok>

3. stick

stick Bumper King

Oh I dont know. Cue Card, Thistlecrack, need I go on?

OddDog likes this.
  4. OddDog

Staff Member

Be interested to hear your thoughts on the bumper - I thought Special Cadeau could be interesting at a price on better ground. You never know with Mullins bumper horses which one might be best on the day

5. stick

stick Bumper King

It would be a major surprise if Patrick wasnt on the right one but you like Special Cadeau *ex Pam Sly* and I am really taken with Chosen Witness. This race has provided the winner or runner up of the last four Champion bumpers so its well worth a watch.

Pilgrim, SaveTheHumans and OddDog like this.
  6. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Grangeclare West in the opener is who I am most looking forward to seeing. Is around the 7/1 mark now which is very fair. Slightly concern is if he is over his alleged ailment that saw him fold tamely late on lto but if he is then he's a huge price here. Hopefully he can run up to scratch.

In the Arkle trial I also think Dysart Dynamo or El Fabiolo could spoil the favourite backers day. El Fabiolo has already good form tying in with Jonbon and the race is going to be run fairly enthusiastically with these two going forward most likely. I would like Dysart Dynamo to win it though, I think he has a touch of class and if he settles a little and jumps accurately then he'll be hard to beat.

Tom Mullins In the bumper for me.

Pilgrim and OddDog like this.
  7. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Looking at last years champion hurdle challenge trophy saint roi got the better of appreciate . Saint also has a cd win here , conditions may well be on the better side for the Saint . I took 14 ew last night more for interest around 10s now though . Having said that out of the two ypu mentioned i think Townend has chose wisely . My bet as mentioned is more for interest and value 7/4 on app and 7/2 on dys in what looks a tight race holds no value im my eyes whatsoever.

OddDog likes this.
  8. TheDukester

TheDukester Member

Kempton 6.30
    Probable 6/1

Kempton 8.00
    Bluenose Belle 4/1

9. OddDog

Staff Member

Spot on about the value Uncle, I was purely thinking about the likely winner irrespective of prices <ok>

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Sandown
    14,55 Bells Of Peterboro 14/1 e/w WH and sky five places
    15,30 Equus Dancer 12/1 e/w four places, 11/1 sky five places

Musselburgh
    14,03 Doyen Breed 7/1 win only
    15,48 Cuban Cigar 4/1
    second run after WS

Leopardstown
    16,10 Rebel Gold 7/1 e/w WH, PP and betfair four places, 13/2 sky five places

11. You See

I understand Oddy the chase in my opinion looks to give Saint a damned good chance and the ew value only acts as a cushion and at 10s i would not bother ew just win . The bookies have started to move to 9s now so it will be interesting to see what odds they all go off at .

12. You See

Miss V Williams looks to be using a claimer wisely in the second at Wetherby 5/2 available on Gemirande who beat tje fav convincingly at Southwell off similsr terms .

OddDog and gingerninja like this.
  13. OddDog

Staff Member

Good luck with Saint Roi - he is certainly battle-hardened. Might find one or two too classy for him in this I fear. No bet for me but I think Dysart Dynamo can put down a serious marker for the Arkle <ok>

14. You See

Lets face it any of Mullins top 5 jockeys (who are all averaging at 20%plus) could ride any of these to victory in this .

OddDog likes this.
  15. stick

stick Bumper King

Lingfield 2>26
    EXALTED ANGEL 14/1
    On ratings should not really be winning this but Karl Burkes record in this race, especially with older horses, is kind of hard to ignore.

OddDog likes this.
  16. OddDog

Staff Member

My take on the Leopardstown Grade 1s:

1.20 Sandor Clegane (8/1) got closest to Facile Vega in the bumper at last year's meeting and seemed to be really suited by the better ground and longer trip when opening his account over hurdles at Punchestown last time out. He has a grand engine and jumped very slickly and I think he can take this to give himself all sort of options for the future.

1.55 I thought the biggest danger to Lossiemouth in the original entries was stablemate Blood Destiny but that one doesn't run and this therefore ought to be very straightforward for Rich Ricci's attractive grey filly.

2.30 As stated earlier in the thread I think Dysart Dynamo is a hugely exciting prospect and can take this at the chief expense of his stablemates. It will be interesting to see how Banbridge goes back on better ground but hopefully (for the sake of my ante post selection) he will be upped in trip for the Golden Miller Chase at the festival.

15.05 All eyes will be on Galopin des Champs and hopefully he can deliver a "wow" performance. Stablemates Stattler and Kemboy can complete a 1-2-3 for the GOAT.

I think I'll need a lie down after that lot - what a way to start the DRF.

17. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Strong statement from Barry Connel there saying Marine National will win the Supreme (I tend to agree) and that Good Land will win the Ballymore at Cheltenham in March. He's likely a bit emotional in the immediate aftermath of a big win but a big statement all the same.

OddDog likes this.
  18. gingerninja

gingerninja Well-Known Member

Great tipp UC, I went safe and backed gemirande without the fav, happy with 11/10 <cheers>

You See likes this.
  19. OddDog

Staff Member

No idea what happened to Lossiemouth down the back straight (will need to watch replay). I thought she had gone wrong and was being pulled up but then Townend carried on and grabbed a fine 2nd. She lost nothing in defeat there.

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  20. You See

Readily as expected shame about my spelling

OddDog likes this.