1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 20th. Oct. 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Ascot
    Flat 6 Races 1:25-4:30p.m.
    Leopardstown
    Flat 8 Races 1:35-5:25p.m.
    Market Rasen
    N/H 7 Races 1:40-5:05p.m.
    Catterick
    Flat 7 Races 1:50-5:10p.m.
    Ffos Las
    N/H 7 Races 2:10-5:30p.m.
    Stratford
    N//H 7 Races 2:30-5:45p.m
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:40-9:15p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races

Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Cracking Australian racing early morning at Caulfield.

Three races are live on Racing UK

I like the following

5.50am-Trap For Fools @ 14-5 [Bet 365]
    6.40am-Kings Will Dream @ 4-1 [Skybet]
    7.15am-Invincibella @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]

1pt Win on each

3. Fazor

Fazor Active Member

Catterick 3.30

Foolaad 20/1

attivo, CaptainPops and stick like this.
  4. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Librisa and Flaming both in excellent form, and yard is very very confident of a double tomorrow, it's Ascot and top quality races and horses so anything can happen but they can't be any more confident, so very worth a bet on the double at 50/1 and should at least be each-way double banker. I know the yard have had some big bets on it especially Tony B.

2 00 & 4 30

Harbottle, Ekbalco99, Fazor and 3 others like this.
  5. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

2pts loss

6. stick

stick Bumper King

CONVIVIAL 9/1
    Worth a second look in the Market Rasen bumper. Full sister Sherry won her bumper on debut for the yard as did half sister Mountain Path.
    Nice name for a filly too!

7. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

Good luck Chelsea and all that follow with the Ivory runners, but I won’t burden your chances with my hard earned. My selections are.
    2.00 Tasleet
    2.40 Hydrangea
    3.15 Addeybb
    4.30 Humbert
    EW Lucky 15 & ew singles. Have a good weekend fellas and good luck with your bets.

Ekbalco99 likes this.
  8. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

On the subject of talented siblings, how did Sir Barney’s Iniesta get on at Bath? ;)

9. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

hi fellas! here are my first two verdicts,one over the jumps,and one on the flat:

market rasen,1 40:

papagana and lily of leysbounre have already met this season,with the former holding sway by 7 lengths that day,but with her penalty today,it could be a lot closer.but i think,the horse with more potential is OUTOFTHISWORLD.she couldnt back up her fine win here on debut,but that came in a valuable bumper,and the stable has already hit form,so she gets the vote today..

ascot,2 00: CHAMPIONS SPRINT

not an easy choice for me,as i like both HARRY ANGEL and limato,but,at least today,o go with HARRY ANGEL,as i think,limato is better over further and on better ground.clive coxes charge has some questions to answer now,especially at this track,but his last disappointment was well publicised,and i still believe in this horse,so he gets the vote today,in the hope,he ll bounce back to his best today..

10. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

if a horse dont like a track , then it doesn't perform to its best , likewise when a horse loves a track it often does , that's why HA is not favourite . I'm going with chelsea on this one , dean ivory has obviously targeted this all year , his horses are winning , conditions in favour , go L B !!

Harbottle likes this.

11. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Hi all - having a few bets today - going a bit wild I guess but the day seems to have captured my imagination a bit and maybe I am using it as a bit of warm up event for next Saturday where a visit to jumps headquarters is on the cards. Anyhoo:

Ascot 2.00pm - Librisa Breeze 15/2 e/w
    Ascot 4.30pm Sharja Bridge 12/1 e/w

These 3 in a patent:
    Ascot 2.40pm Lah Ti Dar
    Ascot 3.15pm Laurens
    Ascot 3.50pm Cracksman

Good luck all.

12. Steveo77

Steveo77 Well-Known Member

3.15 Roaring Lion - just seems to get better and better, and although in a competitive field I expect him to win today.

The best horse, the best jockey

13. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Laurens is drifting like a barge in the QE II. I ended up with 3 in this race. Lord Glitters ante-post 14/1, Addeybb at the start of the week at 10/1 and Recoletos EW as a saver/partial saver when he hit a massive looking 6/1 the other day.

Recoletos and Addeybb are positives today but Lord Glitters is very weak. Perhaps, like me, punters are discouraged by his poor run at Woodbine on rock hard ground.

If Roaring Lion wins I am largely sunk here but this is much softer going than he has faced and throughout the season Gosden warned that the colt would not run in races if it came up soft. I feel he is here to give Cracksman a clear tilt at a very poor renewal of the Champion Stakes.

In that Champion Stakes I took the blinkered first time Cracksman on with a bet on Crystal Ocean at 3/1, he was beaten by Enable but that was no disgrace as she won the Arc afterwards and he was trying to concede 8 lbs to her at Kempton.

Brando for me in the Sprint where The Tin Man looks short enough.

Good luck to all.

14. jumpsfan

i am with you on the track argument,but i hope,he ll perform better today..

ffos las,2 10:

EATON MILLER has run two solid races so far this season,and especially his 3 place last time out was boosted by the first two afterwards,so has a lot going for him here..

15. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Not too worried about Laurens drifting. She does not get the credit she deserves and with the going likely to be hard work I would rather side with her - gutsy performer with the only question mark being for me that it might be one race too many for her..we shall see..

16. jumpsfan

exactly my thoughts. shes just incredibly tough,and it wouldnt surprise me at all,if she pulls it off here..

CaptainPops likes this.
  17. stick

stick Bumper King

Dangerous to underestimate the effect of the ground today. I think it will stop Roaring Lion from winning. It might even stop Stradivarius but I hope not.

EW double on Coronet and Recoletos

18. jumpsfan

and here is another one for you:

ffos las,2 45:this looks a good opportunity for AIMEE DE SIVOLA to get off the mark over hurdles today.she held herself well in tougher company than this last season,and though etamine du cochet will be a tough rival,nick williams horse might be a bit more street-wise today..

19. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Somewhat ironic that the quickest ground being raced on today is underneath the slow old plodders jumping obstacles...

If Cracksman wins the Champion Stakes by half the track, it will finally prove that he can only win when the opposition gets stuck in the mud and he is a plodder and should be sent for the Champion Hurdle. It will also be the final nail in the idea of Champions’ Day that I have said right from the start was at the wrong time (and place). Doubtless there will be enough mugs prepared to take short odds about a horse in first time blinkers; and a ready-made excuse if he does not take to them.

Given that Crystal Ocean should handle the ground and has previous form over the trip, he is the one that I hope wins as he is the best horse in the race.

Capri ran with credit in the Arc but this is a little bit tougher than his first-time-out penalty kick at Naas on very soft ground. Monarchs Glen has to make a colossal step up on form but this has apparently been the plan since a course and distance win at the Royal meeting; and he goes on soft ground.

It is hard to make a case for any of the others...

In the Long Distance Cup, Stradivarius was the beaten favourite last year and has failed to win all four times that he has encountered going with the word soft in it. It is not inconceivable that the Ballydoyle contingent have cooked up a plan for Flag Of Honour, the only credible opponent on the ratings.

Whilst Lah Ti Dar is probably the best horse in the Fillies And Mares race, she won her maiden on better ground than she will find here so this could turn out to be a disappointing day for John Gosden with three short-priced favourites.

All the best to followers of Librisa Breeze in the Sprint but with my luck Dream Of Dreams will probably pop up at decent odds as I stopped throwing money at him after his third last race.

Grendel likes this.
  20. Mick Malones Mauser

Mick Malones Mauser Active Member

I see Sir Barneys "plot horse " Broadway Dreams goes in the 3.00 at Stratford.
    16/1 .
    Worth chancing a shilling each way just in case