1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Santa List: Left Back

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Whitejock, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Yup, I know. We're not planning on signing anyone in January, however, let's indulge ourselves & imagine Santa has told Bielsa he can have his left back ....

So who would you suggest, and why?

I'll kick it off with 3 suggestions:

1. Andy Robertson (Liverpool).
    World class. Would be my first choice, if available. But he'll never be available, unless we've got hundreds of millions to offer.

2. Kieran Tierney (Arsenal)
    Impeccable player. Natural LB that competes for a place in the Scotland team with Liverpool's Robinson. Competition so tight that they generally select both & play one out of position. Arsenal have converted him to a CB since he signed from Celtic, but can play either role flawlessly. Probably only available if Arsenal get relegated. Even if they don't, he might be worth a tickle, as he might be fed up being the only player that looks interested for them.

3. Charlie Taylor (Burnley)
    Still struggling to mention his name after the way he left us. However, having watched him a few times this season, he's still got it. Prolly will never be world class, but is a very dependable 7/10 player.

My absolute preference would be for one of our kids breaking through, however the realist in me has popped up to admit this is unlikely this year or next. Fingers crossed though, as this might be our only other option this year, other than the status quo.

esteponawhite and ristac like this.
  2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'd take Max Lowe from Sheffield United.

He's not getting too much game time. Has a great engine. Scores the odd goal, is quick as a greyhound, decent defender. Only 23 and I just think if Bielsa got his hands on him he could turn in to something special. I also like Bogle at RB although we are covered in that position.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

For me Niall Huggins from our U23s. He’s only just got up from the U18s but what a talent. At times its like watching Jack Harrison having one of his good days and he has pace to spare a gobsmacking skills, plus he is a left back. He has overtaken Leif Davies for the LB spot although Davies has more experience. Huggins will scare defenders to death with his long, pacy runs weaving in and out of opposition and creating chances. Not a winger in the Prem will get passed him for pace. My one to watch next year

The other LB I would like would be the big Croatian we tried to sign in the Summer who said he didnt feel ready for the Prem so went to Germany. We offered £20m for an 18yo and he looks worth it

4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Yes @Doc , Huggins looks a real talent. Hopefully he doesn't stall like Davies and can push through in the next couple of years.

I like Dramah too. He can play either side.

Both need to strengthen up a bit.

Doc likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ben Chilwell or Andy Robertson

6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Danny Rose looking for a club and not wanted by his current club would improve the side a lot and a natural left back

7. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Whitejock and 2 pennth like this.
  8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

esteponawhite likes this.