1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sanchez out for 6 to 8 weeks

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Mar 4, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

According to reports attributed to the Chilean national team doctor Sanchez could be out of action for up to eight weeks with knee ligament damage. While nobody wants to see a player injured I see this as a blessing in disguise - growing injury list aside. Sanchez has long enough and plenty of opportunities on the pitch to showcase what he brings to the side - and that' s fat nothing. For all his energy on the pitch his contribution to the current playing style is negligible.

Hope fully one of the youngsters will step up and use the opportunity to stake a claim to being Martial's understudy - with perhaps only two games of the season left by the time Sanchez returns, Woodward might use the time wisely and try to move him on.

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Blessing.

Can't believe how poor that footballer has become. Once he went off you looked like a team who knew what they were doing. He has been a highly paid passenger ever since he arrived. If you can get him off the wage bill this summer, take the deal, no matter how low the transfer fee.
    The Chillian Albatros will never succeed in Manchester.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't think it's a 'good' thing, no. We really need his ability and experience in the run in, one way or another. Even if just sat on the bench to be used if needed.

I had thought he could eventually flourish while the likes of Martial and Lingard are injured but it's not proven to be the case, with himself being injured.

It's not worked out but he needs supporting, not slating. Look how Lukaku has come back in and performed with some backing.

That all said, I don't see anything other than him leaving. At the end of the season though, not right now.

4. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With those wages, It'll be a nightmare getting rid of him. Woodward probably doing a tour of every major Chinese club in the summer.

He's had time and support. I don't really consider it a run of poor form like Lukaku. I'd call it a decline, like Rooney at the same age. He was already beginning to slow at the end of the Arsenal stint. Better we cut our losses, and give others a chance. We look so much worse every time he's on the pitch.

Looking back in hindsight might be the worst signing we've ever made, relative to expectations (that's even before we get into the issues caused by guys like De Gea wanting to match his wages).