1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Same old story.

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by TrifficSpurs, May 8, 2011.

1. TrifficSpurs

TrifficSpurs Member

How many times will we see the same story next season that we've seen for two years? (The story of us failing to break down and convincingly beat lowly opposition.)

I knew about 20 minutes in that it wouldn't be our day.

It looked like our team had never met before yesterday, there was no cohesion, we looked tired, devoid of ideas.

A lot of the time some great balls were put in, but the strikers were so static and never gambled.

We were so slow in possession, and the pace with which we used so often in the Champions League was rarely utilised.

What needs to be done?

2. messiaharry

messiaharry Member

1 new striker to play with Defoe. Back to 4-4-2 where we were much better and everyone knew what to do.

Less of this playing VDV every single time he is available whether he fits in to the side you have chosen or not.

1 new CB to replace Dawson.

1 new goalkeeper to replace that stupid ****wit they call Gomes.

Hey we'll still be around where we are now as thats exactly where we should be 5th/6th place. But the football would be better to watch.

I cant see us getting 4th next year but I didnt expect us to get it this season either really. Cant be expected to compete with City with their money. I dont blame them for it, its just hard to take but hey what can you do.

3. TrifficSpurs

TrifficSpurs Member

- I wouldn't agree that we need someone to play with Defoe. I'd preferably have 2 new strikers, completely revamp the frontline.
    4-4-2 is definitely the way forward.

- Agree that VdV shouldn't play every game; he completely ruins the system. If we can't utilise him correctly, then forget it.

- Have my doubts about Dawson now. One new CB would be a good shout.

- Gomes......completely lost faith in him, I want him out in the summer. Celebrating and thumping the badge every 5 minutes only gets you so far.

4. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

I too knew after about 20 minutes that it wouldn't be our day Triffic and I can't praise Defoe because of one goal against relegation strugglers and so to me he has to play a back up role to 2 new strikers. Pavlyuchenko wants to leave so he should go and so too should Crouch. I shook my head in disbelief at Gomes and he should leave also.

5. messiaharry

messiaharry Member

- I wouldn't agree that we need someone to play with Defoe. I'd preferably have 2 new strikers, completely revamp the frontline.
    4-4-2 is definitely the way forward.

Thats just me trying to be realistic mate, I just dont see us getting 2 better than Defoe. I think/hope its just been one of those seasons for him and with the right partner (in a 4-4-2) he can score many more.

6. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Well messiah something has to happen because I cannot go another season like this one with such bad scorers. We would still if we had 2 new strikers need a back up and I'm not convinced Defoe is the man to partner a new striker. If Harry leaves I cannot see the new manager keeping many of the current forwards if any.