1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Samba Diakité to Catania...

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Littlelegs, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

Serie A strugglers Catania are preparing to swoop for Queens Park Rangers midfielder Samba Diakité, according to Italian media reports.

Catania are propping up Serie A with 13 points and in dire need of reinforcements, the first of whom may be Mali international Samba Diakité.

The Sicilian side recorded a crucial 2-0 win over Bologna last weekend but remain embroiled in a relegation dogfight.

A lack of attacking threat has been a major problem for the Elefanti, who have managed just 12 goals all season - the fewest in Serie A.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Catania are ready to turn to the winter market and one of their primary targets is Queens Park Rangers' Diakité.

The 24-year-old arrived at Loftus Road from French side Nancy in January 2012, initially on loan but the deal was made permanent for a fee believed to be around £3.5m at the end of the 2011-12 campaign.

Diakité's first QPR goal remains arguably his most memorable moment at the club as he netted the winning goal in a 2-1 win over Arsenal back in March 2012.

Of late Diakité has struggled to make his mark at QPR and it is believed that he would welcome a chance to shine in Serie A.

Catania scouts are said to have been watching him over the last few months and have been impressed with what they have seen.

The Sicilian side are also set to welcome Fabian Rinaudo to the club from Sporting Lisbon.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I hadn't seen it...

2. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

We haven't heard a whisper about him for over a year and now Catania and Watford are going to kick 7 colours out of each other over him. Who'd have believed it?

3. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

get what you can for him, he's a write off.

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Interesting - Catania have just sacked Gigi Di Canio and are rock bottom of Serie A and just gone out of the Coppa Italia losing 1-4 at home to a Serie B team. Diakite should feel at home there...:grin:

5. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

A shame but true.

6. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

Catania, watford or where ever just get rid of him. Never liked him just because hes was always on the verge of sent off. Ok, against gunners he was pretty good....

7. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Look like a real player when we had him on loan.....then he signed<doh>

8. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Really strange situation with Diakete...he played a few good games, admittedly he was a bit reckless, but then he has just been shut out. He is not getting a chance with us, so he should move on, but I fear we may well see him flourish elsewhere.

9. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

I really like him and believe he has huge promise. There is nothing he's done that can't be worked on. Really think he could do a job for us. He seems to have a natural ability to just stroll past players breaking from midfield, something we could really do with.

10. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I agree but we don't seem to be getting value for him at the moment. Would hate to see him succeed somewhere else after all this time though!

11. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Hes in the squad for tomorrow!

12. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

17/01/2014
    By David McIntyre

Harry Redknapp has dismissed reports linking Samba Diakite with a move to Watford.

It was claimed the QPR midfielder was discussing an initial loan move to Vicarage Road with a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season.

But Diakite, who has been consistently overlooked by Redknapp, is back in his plans after impressing in training and could feature against Huddersfield this weekend because Joey Barton is out with a thigh injury.

And Rangers boss Redknapp insisted the Mali international would not be leaving.

“No, he’s not. He’s in the squad for tomorrow,” said Redknapp.

“He played for the reserves in midweek and played very well. He’s a player that might be very much back in the picture again now.

“Hopefully we can get him going and get the best out of him, and if we can he’s a very good player.”

Yossi Benayoun is struggling with a groin problem and looks likely to miss the Huddersfield game, while Jermaine Jenas is still unavailable.
    http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/redknapp-diakite-will-not-be-joining-watford-wls-football

13. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Much rather see Diakite in the side than Benayoun.

14. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

Agree with you totally, perfect description "stroll past players". Mental illness can affect the best of us... Stay strong Samba!!

15. Vale_Hoops

Vale_Hoops Well-Known Member

If they can get him back to any where near his potential I'd be happy to see him back, juts not sure that would happen.

16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Might it be one of those returns that is effectively like a new signing? I hope so. Liked the fella and what a well taken goal against The Gunners. Let's hope he has learned more self control too.

17. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

I am with Vale with this one.

18. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Like this lot.......

please log in to view this image

Perhaps we need a 3rd thread on this topic entitled, "Samba Diakite stays at QPR"

19. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

last time, there was a big chance he was going to cost us the game.

if he plays, I would hope redknapp hauls him off immediately after its apparent he's going to go get a red, even if its after 5-10 mins. With his debut, everyone in the ground apart from the manager knew a red was coming

20. Vale_Hoops

Vale_Hoops Well-Known Member

Yes he had problems with the pace of the English in his first couple of games definitely but caught up pretty quickly.

As player he had balance, control on the ball, shown by his mazy runs, a physical presence in the middle of the park , yes he dived in to often when he should have stayed on his feet. For me he has the attributes which can't be taught but yes he also had some distance to go but nothing that couldn't be taught, the only question was his stability. If the coaching staff believe he has improved in these areas I reckon his worth a shot or at least 20 mins, I don't believe he will be the best midfielder I have ever seen but he could do a job for us at this level.

Some people remember the bad, some people remember the good it's all about your focuses I guess.