1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sam Baldock commits to MK Dons

Discussion in 'MK Dons' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Sam Baldock has put an end to the transfer saga surrounding him by committing to MK Dons for the forthcoming season.

The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to Peterborough United for over a month, and travelled to London Road last week to discuss a possible move after a series of bids from Posh for his services.

But the move was later declared off by both parties.

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony claims their offer was withdrawn, while Baldock says he turned it down.

The bid that led to Baldock travelling was the third made by Posh. It was the first to meet their valuation and was "reluctantly" accepted.

Baldock claims he attended the meeting out of courtesy but was not inclined to make the move.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned, I didn’t want to go there. We told them I didn’t want to go there, and they decided to withdraw their offer. So you can make up your own minds as to what happened next!

“We hadn’t even finalised terms. We could have got there on financial terms and in the contract situation. It was more of an issue that I couldn’t get inspired by the place.

“There is no secret that I want to be playing in the Championship – which is one positive for that place – but it just wasn’t inspiring.”

But MacAnthony had a different version of events

He wrote on Twitter: “We knew the player and his agent would try to save face by saying they rejected the move, but that’s not the truth.”