1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Salaries (?)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Whitejock, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Thanks to eagle-eyed Aski, I went back & eventually found the link he alluded to. Can't explode it on here as you lose the format, so it's only the link until a clever clogs pastes the table in here.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/leeds-united-players-salaries/

Thoughts?

I for one was shocked at the u23 wages. I knew they were high-ish, but nothing like this.

ristac likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

BDDD0586-2F6A-4F4C-96AA-0A8C17077638.png

Whitejock likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some very alarming ones jump out and you assume they were promotion clauses. Costa on £70k and Rodrigo £120k Roberts £47k and Forshaw £60k are we sure these figures are correct?

Market values are so far wrong it’s almost comical, Roberts worth more than Phillips and Bamford, Phillips at under £3m haha

leeds down south and Whitejock like this.
  4. Whitejock

Thanks for the paste-in.

No idea how accurate this is.

ristac likes this.
  5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

If this is accurate, the agents who have got those terms for their clients want a slap on the back and we need a new negotiator...and the fraud squad called in!!

6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I can't see this being accurate.

It says Caprile is 24 years old on 20k a week.

Grot was a youth signing and is on 35k a week?

Phillips was made the top earner at the club after Bielsa's first season yet Bamford is paid more?

I think there is a lot of bullshit on that regardless of promotion clauses.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Yeah can’t see those being true. I can’t remember where it was discussed but I think it was around the time Kiko came in that he was on around 30k a week, Bamford was highest earner at 40k a week and to keep Phillips he went up to the same as Bamford. I would assume Raphinha will be on a decent wedge and I think Rodrigo was touted at being around 90-100k a week when he came in so I’d say incorrect.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Great discussion thread WJ :emoticon-0148-yes:

However I had a word with someone a couple of months ago about this as I had seen the piece in a footy mag. Some of it is true and a lot is wrong wrong wrong. Phil Hay for example has mentioned a few times that Rodrigo is on £35kpwk, which is just above Bamford on £33kpwk. What my guy says is a simple accounting error has been added.

Last season in the Championship players had agreed with Radz that if they got promotion everyone in the club would get a % uplift on their salary. This included ground staff etc. That % uplift has been added to the formula for everyone who came into the club in the Summer (after promotion) Costa contract at £xpwk +x%=. Then you get the 4 new academy lads on an agreed wage then get the % uplift etc.

The agreed uplift was a bonus and not a new salary for the remainder if their contracts. Contracts would be renegotiated this season. Guess who is now in charge of contract negotiations and the same man who introduced salary caps to the NFL, yep our new vice chairman Paraag Martha

wakeybreakyheart and Whitejock like this.
  9. Whitejock

Had another flick through & I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate. KP valued at £2.8m!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Doc likes this.