1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sainsburys: ** UPDATED: more delays **

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So then, Wednesday 16th January is nearly here! No more delays - The decision will be made on Sainsburys application for having the Mem which will allow us to start building the UWE stadium. The meeting will start at 6pm and the decision will be made that day.

I may be wrong but I believe there will be a way that you can either listen or watch the meeting take place. I will try and get a link set up so if you want to watch/listen to the meeting here then you can <ok>

We can use this thread for the build up between now and the decision.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The planning officers will be recommending approval of the new Sainsbury's <party>

Page 46 https://www.bristol.gov.uk/committee/2013/wa/wa002/0116_6-1.pdf

No point adding those following things. They are just costs that sainsburys have to meet towards other things which wouldnt be an issue.

So its now down to those who actually make the decision. From what I been reading, there will be 9 councillors on the committee. Three Lib Dem, three Labour, two Tories and one Green. So just FIVE yes's needed.

3. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

4. Airbus Gas

Airbus Gas Member

It's not over until the fat lady sings. I am not going to say anything until the decision is made. However, if it is anything like the Filton airport debacle, they will probably stop the stadium being built in lieu of new housing.

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I'm quite optimistic this time, not least because the local residents seem to prefer a supermarket to a sports stadium. But I also think this whole project has been managed pretty well so far. and it was a very smart move to partner UWE.

Hopefully we can cruise past the red half of town by getting our stadium first and then cruise past them up the league...

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I listened to Higgs interview with Twentyman today and a Lib Dem Councillor. Higgs came across really good but the Lib Dem Councillor came across a right fool not knowing facts about the developement which I would have thought would be vital to know <doh> Twentyman made him sound a bigger fool as well.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

comment from higgs....

So who will go to the Mem next wednesday to watch the meeting??

9. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

It's great news - I really think that the plans will be approved and work will start on the stadium this summer.

Sometimes you have to reach rock bottom and go through the darkest days before things improve, and with JW's appointment and thepossibility of a shiny new 21,700 stadium, we could be on the way back up again..... <ok>

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Baldee <hug>

Here is Twentymans interview with Higgs earlier and straight after is Twentymans interview with a Lim Dem Councillor who really made himself sound stupid not having the facts!

Go to 1 hour 5 mins 40 seconds http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012jx0v

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I liked in that interview when Higgs pointed out he had 2 other offers from other supermarkets for the Mem. Both he rejected as he thought they were not right for the area/community as 1 was going to be much bigger store that the sainsburys offer and the other was going to be a big 24 hour store with a petrol station as well.

The locals should be very thankful to Mr Higgs.

If sainsbury dont get the Mem, I wonder if those other supermarkets can put in another offer for the Mem and give different plans learning from any mistakes that sainsburys made. That would be so funny if the locals ended up with a bigger supermarket being 24 hour and with a petrol station <laugh>

12. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

CJS <ok>

Just listening to it now. Higgs is right - we can't count our chickens as you never know with BCC councillors - as the **** know, they really can be ****wits.

I just hope we get it and that JW digs us out of the hole we're in. To be honest, I've become quite disillusioned with what's been going on with our club over the past few months - a parade of journeymen and loanees who couldn't give a **** about the club - dismal performances, an increasingly poisonous atmosphere at the Mem. It's not the Rovers that I've supported all my life.

I just hope the stadium and JW comes to our rescue.

Now listening to that Lib Dem, David Willingham. What an utter, utter ****. Clueless, ill-informed, hypocritical. I hope that he is not on the planning committee. He's not even a Bristolian - the twat.

If Sainsbury's is rejected next Weds, then despite being a proud born and bred Bristolian I may well turn my back on the city, which is becoming a national joke for it's ridiculous attitude towards development and infrastructure.

Hey - you texted 20p didn't you!! You media whore you!!

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

we cant count our chickens which is why those who havent put in support should read the thread by gashead82 and follow the link to show support. it all counts!

that lib dem guy really is clueless. sainsburys are offering 3 hour parking and a shuttle service for those who wants to go to gloucester road shops so gloucester road wont get effected and easier for people as no local car parks that they can currently use. if they cared about their area, they should use this and not outside someones house using all the street parking :)

i txed as i needed to know if we can watch/listen online like city had about ashton vale. i said at the start of this thread that i will find out and i knew twentyman wouldnt let me down. so can watch the meeting at home and higgs have even promoted people watching it on big screen at the mem in the bars which will boost more finances for the club <ok> i be watching at home though.

14. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

I hope you lot get sainsburys just as much as I hope we get to go to Ashton vale it can't do anything except help bring players to both clubs and money to the local area and also hopefully bring back local Derbys and hopefully with that pride from both sets of players

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

tiger <ok>

i didnt want city to get ashton vale as i was against them using and hiding behind the world cup bid trying to force the hands of the council. when the bid was lost, i did publically say now you dont have the world cup to bribe the council with, i wish you all well with your bid for ashton vale <ok>

both bristol sides been poor and i think if sainsburys gets the mem meaning uwe will happen, it will lift our club in such a positive way that this could be the boost to keep us up. your club could do with the good news too to boost your lot <ok>

be very good for bristol, north somerset and south gloucestershire.

16. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I supported C*ty getting PP for Ashton Vale and even signed a petition to that effect. I hope that many of them would do the same for us.

The bottom line is that Bristol is a total joke in terms of infrastructure and sports facilities. This has to change. There are too many pricks like that Lib Dem councillor, who isn't even from Bristol, holding our city and its sports clubs back.

17. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Not long now :emoticon-0107-sweat

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

26 hours to go :)

19. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

18 hrs 42 minutes

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I never come on this board anymore but I felt I had to express a point...As a City fan I wish you "gasheads" well and I really hope you get the go-ahead with your stadium plans,it would be foolish if the council turn it down......GOOD LUCK.....