1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

saddest and happiest memory

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by concernedincardiff2011, Feb 28, 2011.

1. concernedincardiff2011

as a City fan can you remember your saddest and happiest times following the club.

Any visitors please feel free to add your own experiences...

Saddest: last home game of the season at NP. Looking over the bob bank and seeing where my father and I used to stand. It was a very sad day indeed. The result didn't help.

Happiest: There's been so many. Leeds Utd in the FA Cup with Scott Youngs goal, Chris Pike scoring twice from the corner flag in the same game, beating Swansea, Meeting Peter Thorne outside the game, THAT Andt Campbell goal but for me the happiest time was winning that penalty shootout last season. Elation. Pity it wouldn't last.

As fans of the beautiful game we all have our experiences good and bad, feel free to share.

2. xLuKeYx

xLuKeYx Member

My happiest moment was being at the Millenium when Campbell scored his now oh so famous goal.

As for saddest, that's an easy one, and it's all the fault of the most hilarious manager I've ever seen. He really did break my heart down on Wembley Way.

Damn you, Ian Holloway!

3. Vermeer

Vermeer Member

Happiest has to be Leeds in the FA Cup, i'll never forget that day!

Saddest is definitely Wembley last year. I actually don't know if i could take another Wembley heartbreak

4. ccfcrt0p

ccfcrt0p Member

For me I think the saddest has to be the final game at the old NP especially as we then missed out on the playoff and the way we just took the 3-0 defeat. So many memories from the old ground that it was always going to be sad to leave but made allot worse due to the circumstances.

Happiest I must say there has been a few being able to enjoy Wembley for an FA Cup Final and a Playoff Final Enjoying the day with my Kids special moment that many fans may never experience despite the result. The Play off win at the Millennium and Andy's Goal. The one moment that really stands in my memory though has to be the FA Cup win over Man C all those years ago it was the first really big game experience that I had the joy of watching and the game had everything. Good away support to make it a vocal battle in the stands a penalty save for added excitement a win and a brilliant goal for one of the recent greats.