1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rushden appeal

Discussion in 'Non-League' started by devonFRATTONiser, Jun 21, 2011.

1. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What hope have Rushden and Diamonds got of winning their appeal against being expelled from the Conference?

Personally I reckon they've got 2 hopes - no hope and bob hope.

I say this, not because I've anything particular against them - nor am I taking into account the validity of the expulsion or of the appeal.

I simply say this because of the turmoil it would cause the powers that be, with fixture due to be announced soon.

If they win their appeal, how will things be arranged?
    Would they have 25 teams in the BSP?
    Would they say to Southport - and assumably teams further down the pyramid that are working on a budget based on being in a higher league - "Sorry, I know we said you had been reprieved from relegation, but we've changed our minds - you're going down."

Both of those possibilities would cause the authorities too much of a headache, which is why I'm convinced that any appeal from the Diamonds will fall upon deaf ears.

Does any-one out there disagree, and think the appeal has a chance of success?

2. Richmondoufc

Richmondoufc Member

After spending 4 soul destroying seasons in the BSP I would say it is a league run by a bunch of clowns who make and change decisions and rules to suit themselves as and when they see fit. Always expect the unexpected from the muppets that run the BSP

Personally I just hope they keep the club going and build from there, I'd hate to see another club go to the wall

3. RDFC Will

RDFC Will New Member

The only way the club is going to survive in it's current form is if we are allowed back into the conference. If we get let back in then we will get the investment we need to survive, if however they don't let us back in the club is finished. Unfortunatkey I can't see us being let back into the league, it would cause to much hassle for those in charge and I doubt they'd want to lose face.

4. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Unfortunately, I can't see Rushden and Diamonds getting back into the Conference. I'll give you my reasons. My local team, Horsham FC, were in a relegation battle last season in the Ryman Premier League. We stayed up and Aveley took the final relegation spot and went down. A couple of weeks ago, I found out that due to the situation regarding Rushden and Diamonds, Aveley are now staying in the Ryman Premier League.

I believe that it has gone too far down the line now. Teams have been moved about or have stayed in the leagues and it would create havoc in the lower leagues.

I feel for the fans of Rushden and Diamonds and if the club does go under, I hope they can re-build the club and start again. <ok>

5. HackerJack

HackerJack Member

The other option is to allow them to re-enter at conference level next season. I know this would still mean the club gets gutted but it would be a compromise.