1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rovers Latest News - Janaury Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Dec 13, 2017.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

On the Rovers latest news page the headline says Bodin pens new contract, midfielder and winger sign. I read the article cant see anything about a midfielder or a winger signing, anybody know what this is all about

2. years ago

years ago Active Member

Is this a very bad journalistic head line in todays Evening post, I cannot find anything in The rovers official news but the Post mention all the things Clark would like to hear in the January transfer. leading with Bodin signing.
    .I believe that the post is a terrible paper for sport, loves the city, puts up with the gas, gives Bristol rugby a tiny mention and during the summer Glos cricket does not exist. What we get is same standard that their owners Mirror group has shown for many a long year
    Do not look at their front page for news unless you want to see what bar or eating place is opening.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I only read the Obituary page (or as its sometimes called Hatch, Match and Despatch<laugh>) its always been like that for me with the Post :D but seriously it used to be a decent paper when it was printed in Bristol and it was known as the Evening Post :emoticon-0148-yes: Anyway I'm glad Bodin has signed up again.

4. old timer

I rang Jack Vittles at the post and his answer was that it was headlines that he thought supporters would like to see and as far as he new they were not things that had happened

5. years ago

years ago Active Member

President Trump could add Vittles to another supplier of false news
    Very poor reporting, of course we want to hear that Bodin has signed , please let that be factual not a poor reporters 'good idea'

6. old timer

Gashead79 as Bodin actually signed a new contract I have looked on the Rovers web page and the Twitter feed and there is no mention of Bodin signing a new contract, it is only on the post page that I can find it

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just seems like the Post thought as there is nothing new to report, they made up a **** story claiming its what we the fans want to see. No. We dont want to see that. We want to see the truth and facts. Not made up crap.

old timer likes this.
  8. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I can't quite believe that the {Evening} Post did that, I mean, WTF is going on with journo's today ?

9. old timer

Heard the same rumour from about three different sources this afternoon, that the club won't back DC in the transfer window and he has walked out. Looking at the players today they did not seem very interested apart from Gaffney and Harrison so I am wondering if there is any truth in this rumour, also that Billy Bodin wants to leave in the window

10. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

DC does appear to be very p----d off lately but I wouldn't have thought that he would just walk out.
    I must say at this moment there doesn't appear to be the money available from Mr.Wael that we originally thought there would be.
    January could prove different, lets see.

11. old timer

I certainly hope the rumours are incorrect I don't want DC to leave but the team today didn't seem apart from Harrison and Gaffney to have much enthusiasm.

12. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't see any money being available in January I'm not starting to believe that nothing good will come from our owners.

13. years ago

years ago Active Member

Too many managers required for Championship sides, I do hope our best wished for Daren's improvement in health is not a wasted wish

14. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Problem is if our owners have no money and nothing worthwhile happens in January, then I can't see DC hanging around just to struggle with the same team.

15. old timer

As DC was at Walsall yesterday I guess the rumour was false and I for one is very happy that it was

16. old timer

Steven Caulker released by QPR available on free, plenty of experience at a higher level would he be worth signing if we could afford his wages

17. old timer

According to the Rovers website DC is hoping for three signings before the match against Blackpool on the 13th Jan

18. old timer

According to sky sports transfer news Preston have signed Billy Bodin from Bristol Rovers for an undisclosed fee
    The same story also appears on Bristol Rovers FC Latest news and latest news Bristol Rovers. Bristol Rovers FC latest news is the evening post

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  19. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

Just woke up to the news Boden signed perminantly for PNE circa £400,000. Think I’m going back to bed to mourn our loss!

20. years ago

years ago Active Member

first thought with the two announcements is that the money raised by Bodins sale will be used for the training ground
    The reason that there has been a delay in all ground changes/ improvement has been caused by the shortage of available money
    Please prove me wrong