1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rooney

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, May 26, 2017.

1. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

For me it would be a great deal, good for exposure, Rooney is still a big name in world football and will help draw attention to the club.

Tobes likes this.
  2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

On a season long loan it's a no brainer, my concern was that we'd give him a 3 year contract on daft money.

Peej likes this.
  3. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Have a feeling if it's a loan then we will be stumping up half his wage. Has a lot to offer experince wise even if his legs have gone.

Could indicate Barkley is gone as he can play behind Sandro or Klaassencan

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

There's been no enquiries or offers for Ross according to Jim....

5. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Well I would be more than happy to keep him for the year even if he does leave in a free. If not then I'm sure he will sign the deal.

I'm just shocked at how much nasty stuff gets thrown at Ross. Fans always want a boo boy, Ossie, Hibbo and Naismith hav been fans go to players in the past

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Either he's fallen out with Koeman so badly that he's prepared to be sidelined for a season before a World Cup that he would want to participate in, in order to have his pick as a free agent in 2018, or he's been tapped up and Spur......sorry, the club in question are waiting for the price to drop......considerably.

He's said to be big mates with Dele Alli and Mauricio Pochettino is a fan and Mr Levy will sense a bargain. We've been concentrating on such moves where possible. Max Meyer is another possible discounted buy this summer as we don't have the cash to buy the quality we want and need to buy for the places behind Harry Kane. We bought Wanyama for £9 - 12m , so we're probably waiting our moment to make an offer that isn't going to have a 3, 4 or 5 in it other than as the second or third digit.

For my money it's unlikely that we'll get to a mutually agreeable price unless he hangs out until very late in the window and you don't want him around for a season waiting to leave for nothing. My money's on a Chelsea or Citeh move for about £30m and much bigger wages than either of us could manage and him spending lots of time on the bench but I can't see him staying.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

There's no interest from City or Chelsea. He's been offered a 5 year deal @£115k per week, would Spurs pay him that? I doubt it personally...

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The local lads always seem to get more stick from the boo boy element, which makes little sense to me.

I still think he'll sign the new deal.

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Only one or two downsides to that if only spurs are interested.

Manager wants to keep him. Club can afford to keep him and let him go on a free. We are not cash strapped and have wise (spurs like investment) going on.

The club would be better to sit on him foand a year and get a few million back on development when/if he does go.

10. "Thanks for that Brian"

No, we wouldn't. He'd get £90 - 100k tops and the same promise that Harry Kane and the others are on that we will increase wages regularly as our income grows with the new stadium and additional sponsorship and other commercial income in the next few years.

So far, that deal plus Champions League football, competing for the league and working with Mauricio Pochettino (who has vastly improved everyone in the squad, apart from Sissoko and is worshipped by all the players) has proven enough to keep quite a few players who could double or treble their money elsewhere. Plus, there's the London factor. After recent events, how much does Barkley want to make a fresh start somewhere completely different?

Last summer, Wanyama was made better wage offers elsewhere and turned them down as did Janssen. We're punching considerably above our financial weight right now but landing Barkley on the cheap would be a coup if we pulled it off. It's possible but I wouldn't bet on it with my own money but I'd lump on him leaving for definite.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

From the players point of view I think he'd be absolutely barking to move to Spurs for less money (in London) and be far from guaranteed a starting place, when he's at his boyhood club, in his home City and he's been offered a Kings ransom to stay.

There are rumours that he wants to leave the City, due largely to his penchant for shagging gangsters birds. No idea whether there's anything in that though.

I'd be disappointed in him if he doesn't re-sign and ends up somewhere like Newcastle.........

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

He says he wants Champions League football. I could see Citeh or Chelsea bolstering their home grown contingent by buying him to keep Fabian Delph or Chalobah company. I doubt he'd go to Liverpool. He could pull a Rooney and go to United or replace Wilshire at Arsenal but they're not in the CL. However, if any of those clubs really wanted him, then he would be gone already as they don't need to quibble on price so much.

Where could he get CL football, get back on track and return to being a regular international (Walker and Rose were mocked before Pochettino and Dier, Dele, Kane, etc were unheard of) and get regular football? It's logical for it to be Spurs other than our money issues. All the pieces fit but it doesn't mean it will happen.

13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

He could move away, he isn't restricted by cost of buying/renting and just concentrating on his football. There was a stage this last season when again he appeared to be reaching his potential. Maybe the klaassen coming in will help take the burden from him, the expectation and allow him to play freely.?

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Last season was his best by quite a way imo.

I thought he was nailed on to sign after the reception he got following the week of stick he'd taken in the tabloids at the seasons end, and then that goal celebration.

I think he's been poorly advised personally, and he's defo not the sharpest knife in the block.

15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Think Bill will have an influence on what could happen. He wouldn't get many games at Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or City.

He should look at the way the club is going and want to be a massive part of it.

Tobes likes this.
  16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Deal for Wayne done according to numerous press reports tonight, he's not going to the US with United and will complete his move by the end of the week.

17. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

News is free transfer and £150k a week.

18. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Lukaku could rise to 90m i know we will lose his goals but i really think thats a good deal for us especially if we get in a couple to replace him...

I think Rooney to us on half wages is a clever move as although he is at the back ens of his career we have that Henry fella at Anderlecht to come in next Summer anyway<cheers>

Im very pleased with the window so far tbh

19. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Brilliant to get £90m for a striker who can't score against the top six

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Justovertheline likes this.
  20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Could work out very well for both of us, we had no real trouble against top 6 last season but struggled against lower teams.
    You will have extra cash on top of your original budget to attract a decent replacement and with Rooney thrown in are getting a lot of knowledge and experience plus a player who is still very effective for short periods of each game.