1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Roland's Relegation Party

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Holden Chinaski, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Do you think we're going to be relegated?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2016.
  1. Yes

87.0%
  2. No

13.0%
  1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Well let's face it. We're relegated.

We have about as much chance, as me creating a time machine, travelling back to 1 B.C. shagging the Virgin Mary, fathering Jesus and thus being God, for a £20 bet with my best mate, than us staying up.

So what's people looking forward to next season?

FYI: it's not mathematically impossible, and if we do avoid it, I'm going to eat humble pie.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Realistically, I think relegation was very, very likely after our January business (which was applauded by Murray). The lack of activity since suggests the club think we are going to get relegated - they aren't prepared to go and sign that bit of quality like the teams around us. Or they haven't gone and selected a Neil Warnock to install confidence in a few of the underachieving players.

3. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

next season i'm looking forward to having a good clear out. i'd be happy with us playing our u21's as our first team. but most of all i'm looking forward to following us on ceefax as i wont be renewing!

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

A bit late for this, China; surely we're dooomed? maybe a poll on whether we'll get relegated next season if Roland is still running the show would be more of a debate? Expect to hear "we underestimated L1" at some point from someone on the board.

5. Sat In Greenwich

i have thought about our chances in league one. they dont look good 'cos even at that level the teams have a basic concept of tactics, they even have little knowledge of how to run a football club and have staff fit for purpose in their roles. we have none of that! we could be being battered 3-0 or more in league one.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

More worryingly next season is how our ''scouting network'' adapts to it. I'm sure they haven't bothered looking down he leagues for gems, and there current plan of buying rejects/flops/crap from big European clubs won't work - foreign players will be accepting of the Championship, but not league one (though most of our signings are of that level).

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Relegation was guaranteed when we wasted 13 league games on a glorified PE teacher from the Belgian 3rd tier.

Rotherham's Chairman got serious and appointed Warnock - ours went back to a tried and tested patsy, who could be relied upon to do as he was told.

8. Holden Chinaski

I think, and I said it on here, that Rotherham won't go down. They've brought some good players, and did more over January. They just needed a little bit of time to click; which it looks like they're doing under Warnock. You're all right, I should have done this back in August 2015, rather than now, but seeing as it's pretty much confirmed, I thought "why not have a relegation thread."

On the upside, least the strip clubs in towns like Plymouth will be cheaper. Once we get battered 3 - 0 by them, it'll only cost a fraction to feel happier again.

Think that having Karel Fraeye for in charge, as long as he did (because it was an easier run in than now), was the point which completely ****ed us over. Actually selling best players for Eurotrash was the point where we got relegated.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Look on the bright side regarding Fraeye - a few members on here got their winnings due to the fact he managed 10+ games. Those winnings could buy a season ticket next season.

In league one, obviously.

10. Sat In Greenwich

spent mine. not on a season ticket mind.

Attached Files:

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

£100 for a £10 return?? I haven't got the minerals for that - I'd be too fearful for the manager the manager of Erchim FC becoming available and RD not being able to resist snapping him up.

12. Holden Chinaski

I made quite a bit by betting on the opposite team winning. Shoot me now, but I stuck a £10 on Huddersfield to win 4 - 0..... SO CLOSE, OH! SO CLOSE. I would have got £490 back off that as well, and I so should have cashed out, but hell my motto is, "if you're going, go all the way, or don't ****ing bother."

Sat In Greenwich likes this.
  13. Sat In Greenwich

it had already been confirmed on the OS. no way would i risk that much for something not guranteed

14. Holden Chinaski

How many Season Tickets have been sold too?

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Last season betting on a 1-1 draw was usually a ''banker''. Made a fair bit off of the Rotherham draw at the Valley where they equalised in the last minute.

Season tickets - rumours of 435 last week, but I'd be surprised if that were an accurate number. I'd imagine we'd break the 1000 barrier, though not much more.

16. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

They may well fill the Lower North at the cheap prices, but after that renewals will be sparse.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I guess those who want the club to fail won't be renewing.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Also two votes for no - I would be interested in hearing the counter argument?

19. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

I haven't voted but as long as there's still a chance I will never rule it out. On Saturday I felt like I'd run out of optimism but by the time I looked at the table on Sunday morning and realised the gap and swing isn't that improbable I felt better.

I completely agree that the wilderness days of Fraeyre are what cost us, and the missed opportunities at home to Bristol and MK where the players bottled it.

It's remarkable that a few of us (don't deny it!) felt at the start of the season we had a starting XI that on its day could beat anyone and possibly achieve a top half finish or more. We still have those same players - albeit with a heavy injury list throughout the season - so what's changed?

Poor coaches and negative atmospheres aside, we haven't blamed the players enough for this year; fair enough many have been brought in via the awfully naive scouting network but a lot of them we know to be serviceable players and they've still flopped.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  20. Holden Chinaski

@charltonchav @Charltonpat you feeling optimistic? Interested to hear your views on relegation battle.

Have to agree @The Kish I was one of those optimistic few at the begining of the season, which was evident in some of my earlier match day previews. I never grew to Luzon, to be fair and the toxic atmosphere really started after they sold Kermorgant and sacked Powelly.

It seems that Rats philosophy is to get good young players together, that will play well under anyone. Except these coaches are clueless when it comes to tactics. The players are demoralised, you can see it, and it's not the fans... It's these weak "head coaches" and decisions being made over their heads. If you want proof, I have two words: Tony Watt

Luzon, Fraeye, etc., all said that he had a "bad attitude" especially towards them. Never once did I hear Russell Slade or Paul Lambert say, "Tony Watts' lazy, or has a poor attitude." It's because they're strong, apt managers who know how to handle people. How can you respect someone who don't make the decisions?

This is where the regieme have failed, and will always fail to realise. Get a decent manager who knows the league, and ****, they'll make Makienok look like Nicklas Bendtner

: cafc, relegation