1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages...............

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages of £210,000 a week to move to Manchester City, although a transfer fee has yet to be agreed between the two clubs. The deal would make the 28-year-old the Premier League's highest-earning player once City sell Carlos Tevez.

Anyone get the Sunday Times ?

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article991880.ece

2. mas2204

mas2204 Member

He's still in contract, this is bullsh*t.

3. Father_Jack_Hackett

More here -

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/892760...-year-salary-by-manchester-city#ixzz1onksP2p3

4. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

I'm bollocksed if I'm paying the subscription fee. <ok> Bit worrying this, the Times are a relatively respectable rag. I'm not sure that RVP would bother entering into negotiations until the summer though. If it is true I hope we sort it out early, not like last summer with Nasri. The transfer feee would have to be huge as well.

5. Drudeboy

Drudeboy Well-Known Member

ok, think about this:
    wenger has said v. Persie is not for sale
    Wenger would therefore not allow any clubs to talk to v. Persie
    Therefore if man city have offered him wages, they have broken uefa and fifa laws and will be severely punished
    therefore it is highly unlikely that this is true, and if it is, man city will have to pay us millions in damages

6. mas2204

mas2204 Member

But you see they're quoting the Sunday Times story there. This is what always happens, something gets printed and the rest of the scavengers follow up on it. Doesn't make it any more true..

7. mas2204

mas2204 Member

Aren't they owned by News International aka Murdoch?

8. suker_suker

9. Father_Jack_Hackett

This article may be bollocks but if if RVP was our player the fact he has not signed his contract already and has said he will not talk about it until summer would worry me.

The bandwagon is gaining momentum -

10. suker_suker

The hope amongst us gooners is that he's waiting for the club to show sufficient ambition as well as qualify for the CL.

11. Arsenal4life

Arsenal4life Well-Known Member

True but I suspect this is either a leak from city or rvp's agent. Maybe city are just telling rvp through the media that they would give him 210k a week. Then we will find it harder to keep him in the summer and they can take him. Or it might be a leak from rvp's agent to try and push up the wages he will get from us in the summer.

Thats how things work.

12. Drudeboy

Drudeboy Well-Known Member

what is the point in agents. all they seem to do is disrupt the player and club by saying they want more money. players should be in control of how much they want to earn and what club they want to play at, not just have to listen to someone whining in their ear all the time that they could earn much more at another club and should engineer a move away.

13. Arsenal4life

I think agents is why you need a strong and consistant manager. We are lucky that alot of the players probably listen to wenger more than their agents. Whereas at chavski and the like they wont have a real relationship with any of their managers and their players will all be greedy mugs.

14. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

The fact that RVP does not want to talk about his contract until summer is absolutely understandable - he wants to be in as strong as possible position when the negotiations start. It does not nesessary mean that he wants to leave. But as all those rumours gather momentum and as more and more clubs show their interest, the money he may demand grow. If ManCity offer is true then RVP is in an excellent position - he may demand at least £170-£180K . And Arsenal is perfectly capable to pay him this money. He may well wish to go and join ManCity mercenaries, but he is clever enough to know that he will not shine there the way he shines in Arsenal where the whole team works for him. So the choice is clear - a bit less money but great status and undisputed authority with Arsenal or more money and dogfight with City. Yes, there is also a small thing called trophies... But I would not overestimate this factor. If Arsenal will be stubborn enough not to offer him above £120K then of course money tells and he should go. That is why such decisive move for Podolski worries me. If Arsenal Politbureau have already made their choice then Podolski story has a perfect explanation.

15. Father_Jack_Hackett

Obviously this is all just paper talk but if it were to happen I think he would shine as Tevez did, I am sure Dzeko will be moving on in summer and that leaves Balotelli and Aguero, RVP would fit in nicely.

16. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

They will sell Tevez, so Dzeko most probably will stay. But to me is does not really matter - ManCity team will not not work for RVP the way Arsenal work. Everyone there has his own ambitions.

17. Arsenal4life

City find it hard to sell players because they overpay them all. SO its unlikely they will be able to sell dzeko. Look at wayne bridge. It just is remarkable. City have to transition to a more sensible wage structure now. Otherwise they will never be able to sell their flops and will decline eventually like chelsea. Man utd and arsenal should be city's model. Not chelsea

18. Father_Jack_Hackett

The game against Sporting again showed Dzeko is not good enough and as you say Tevez will leave this summer, we will get another world class striker to replace Tevez who will join Balotelli and Aguero as our three first choice strikers.

19. Father_Jack_Hackett

Edin Dzeko could make way for Van Persie at Manchester City with Milan and Juventus considering offering the 25-year-old striker, signed from Wolfsburg for £27m 14 months ago, a move to Italy.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tra...-future-at-Manchester-City-article876406.html

20. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

So the rumours start......

This could be either 3 things:

1. The agent is spreading stories in the media to get Arsenal to stump up a huge salary increase.
    2. A deal has been sorted between clubs but the cat's been let out the bag.
    3. It's all bollox.

My guess is that it's 1. Agents are famous for spreading bull crap rumours to get players what they want.....