1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Riyad returns

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

According to Sky Riyad Mahrez will return to training today and IS avalible for tomorrow against Man City

2. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Having missed training for over a week surely he won't be fit enough to cope with all that chasing back that he normally does.<laugh>

3. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

<laugh>

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Time to move on ... get your head down and show again why you are the biggest talent to ever wear the shirt ... earn that big move away in the summer and thanks for being such a key component of our greatest ever footballing achievement <ok>

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

He sounds positive about his future contribution in the BBC article where he is accusing almost everyone (including the club itself?) of miscommunicating, or at least not clarifying, the situation. Who knows what to believe. As FF says, he needs to knuckle down now and show he's as good as his word. Nobody wins if he doesn't.

6. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

I think he's come to his senses. Whatever sympathy he received had evaporated and by not turning up distances himself from his team mates as each game goes by. See the season out, see if we can make a burst for the top six or even better with a couple more kind draws reach the FA cup final. We're not likely to sell him half way through a season with plenty still to play for, but come the summer , if a big team comes somewhere near our valuation then I'd bid him a fond farewell and say thanks for the memories.

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Returning to training and making himself avalible doesnt make up or stop the media circus

But performances will

8. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Difficult one. I’m conscious not to try and take notice of exaggerated media stories but at the same time the situation hasn’t looked favourable to Mahrez. I don’t think what he has said is sincere personally, he’s just realised everyone thinks he’s a childish twat and that he might not get any move.
    I certainly wouldn’t involve him in today’s game as the team has been preparing without him and it wouldn’t send out a good message at all. On the other hand he could be a game changer so if he’s on the bench I’ll support that. Heart v head really, heart says don’t let him come back and be centre of attention but head says just get some performances whilst we can

HarboroughFox likes this.
  9. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

The statement that he bought out was so by the numbers yet had more holes in it than swiss cheese. Needs to find a new agent/pr firm.