1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ricky Alvarez

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Tickler, May 21, 2015.

1. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano 12h12 hours ago
    Sunderland is officially safe in Premier League. Now, #SAFC must pay 11M€ clause to #Inter to buy Ricky Alvarez

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage 11h11 hours ago
    Reports from Italy saying #SAFC have to buy Ricky Alvarez after securing safety. Not the best news in the world.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-transfers-ricky-alvarez-set-5095061
    (Article written in February)
    Ricky Alvarez is likely to complete a permanent £7.5 million switch to Sunderland in the summer.

The Argentina international will get a rare chance to impress against Fulham in the FA Cup fourth round replay on Tuesday night.

The winger, who has failed to claim a regular starting place on loan this season, is still “likely” to meet all the conditions which mean the Wearsiders have to buy him from Inter in June.

Sunderland paid a £1m million loan fee and a obligation to buy is in place if Sunderland avoid relegation and other clauses.

Alvarez, 26, has only made three starts and seven sub appearances this season, but club sources say a big money deal will probably happen.

Boss Gus Poyet said: “Alvarez has been in and out. He’s never really had the chance to have a run of games and really perform. We will refresh a little bit on Tuesday. He can refresh us a bit and give us a little bit of quality.

“He has incredible quality. He should make a difference. We need to make sure he’s an important player for us.

“Ricky needs to play. He will play on Tuesday. That is one change I will tell you. Tuesday is a big opportunity for him and the longer he can play, the better.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think its fair to say Ricky hasnt had the best of times here, been injured most of the season and the games he has played has played well or diabolical

However with Poyet now gone, Dick if he stays has been playing some attacking football and he could slot in between Catts and Larsson to make a half decent midfield

Alternatively if Paul Clement were to come in I'd imagine he would try and implement a similar strategy due to it being the norm at Real Madrid and use Alvarez in a similar way to how they use Ronaldo/Bale (far better players before anyone starts having a go), by which I mean on the wings, cutting inside etc.

If it does happen, for all its being slated I personally think he could be a different player next year with the right manager

2. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

I don't
    With the exception of Fulham away I've seen the square route of s0d all from him

3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Daily mirror again trying to peddle the same ****e they dud 4 months ago?

There will be a number if other clauses (appearances or goals etc) which he'd have to ensure he fulfilled so it'll be more bullshit from them

@Indiana it wasn't the gaffer that was the problem... It was the fact that he was almost permanently injured

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He's a talented lad. He's been **** but actually could come good.

Can we not just offer him £500 a week and he won't sign anyway?

5. ROBOJOHN

ROBOJOHN Active Member

Defo got the talent I'd he can get a run without breaking down, think his chance has gone tbh

6. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Doesn't work like that. Wages etc have tobe agreed before the loan. Clauses (normally the club want appearances/goals or assists and players want league placing minimums) are also agreed. This is the daily mirror trying to stop themselves looking like idiots!

The Relic likes this.
  7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He does have some ability mate, IF there is a clause, we may get lucky as other teams seem keen.

£7.5million, actually that's not a massive fee for a player taht if he came good, ability wise, would be about our best.

Gil T Azell and The Relic like this.
  8. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

No arguments from me nads. None at all and I agree. Just think his injury record makes £7.5m a lot to me

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the concern mate, not ability. With a run he could be immense, we have seen very fleeting flashes, mainly the Fulham game.

If the deal is in place (and I'm inclined to think it is in some form due to statements from Inter at the time), then we just need to hope the medical staff can get him fit, and Dick can make a Maradona out of him!

10. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

A fat, cheating, druggie <yikes>

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

You can't preagree a contract a year in advance. It's illegal. 6 months max before a pre-agreement can be made so that's 100% wrong. Alvarez could not pre-agree his contract prior to the loan, a year before the transfer.

12. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

This is a good test for the club to come good in dealing with player value, every1 knows he hasn't had the best of times here so far although there is potential. If we could get him for half of 7.5 I'd be happy with that..

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Or the most naturally skilled dribbler the game has ever seen, who made average sides (Argentina 86, Napoli) into champions, depends what you want to look at mate!

The Relic likes this.
  14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Yep, Because it's just a bog standard overseas loan with a future fee and nothing else. These overseas loans have so many loopholes.

15. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm sure the club will come out with a statement soon about loanees, etc.

16. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

simon bird, he is a mag

17. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

The EPL is one of, if not the, most physical leagues anywhere. It's not always easy for foreign players to fit in immediately, and if they try, they quickly get injured. Giaccherini was exactly the same. Give them a bit of time to adapt and learn and you can get an Aguero or Cambiasso. But there's little doubt that Alvarez has something special about him. And if Dick decides to sign here, he can get it out of him - witness Coates and Graham!

I think all other decisions hinge on that one next week. Let's just hope for that and decisions on e.g. Ricky will follow on accordingly.

18. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Still think this is bullshit. I'd have him for 5m mind. City away he looked world class. There's an unbelievable player in there somewhere.

19. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

What's 11x 10 = ?

20. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

It's a long line of 10s . . . . 1010101010101010101010 :angel:
    If it was on a table it would be 'ping pong' :emoticon-0100-smile

Aussie blackcat85 likes this.
: SAFC, Inter