1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Revamp Needed.. ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ManFeelings, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

All who feel the Football League show needs a revamp say AYE! Anyone but Steve Claridge giving 'expert' opinions and who even is Manish Bhasin?Put some investment into it BBC you charmless nerks- us lower league football make the game what is is!(or at least should be) Although Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes isn't too shabby :emoticon-0103-cool:

I'm a Shrews Town fan and
    a) Since it starts at about quarter to Midnight I find it hard to make myself watch it sepecially as it's just after MOTD which, as we know, has admitted to playing the 'Teams like Wigan'(no offence meant) last, meaning that it gets less interesting as it goes on.Rubbing your eyes desperate to stay awake to watch your team's highlights of a minute at most isn't how I plan on spending my Saturdays <doh>
    b) Do we really have to have Steve Claridge? The man's 'expert opinion' never seems to me to be more than "uhhhhhh" and say what you like about him being a passionate 'lower-league journeyman footballer'- the man's not fit to lace someone like Alan 'wor' Shearer's boots. Manish Bhasin I suppose can stay.. if needed.
    c)Make it more interesting! The show usually starts off well, I find, about the most intersting teams; when I watched it last season 9 times out of ten it featured QPR and wily Warnock; magician Taarabt and by the end, the scandal about the promotion uncertainty. Then after that I find it hard not to lose interest. <confused>

Solutions

a)Get a better time slot when the diehard fans can watch it without pinching themselves to stay awake!
    b)Get a big name in. Shearer obviously won't want to swap the MOTD sofa for the FLS 'chair' (!) but there are plenty of others, and he may not be everyone's cup of tea, but a certain ex-Derby and Wales midfielder will have time on his hands having now retired from playing(although he has a role with 5live lined up I'm told)
    c)Make it short and sweet! Go through the divisions and make it interesting for the fans to watch; do features on talking points off the pitch. This doesn't mean just QPR; delve a little deeper and you'll find Plymouth's money crisis, Crawley's crisis of having more money than is good for them(all eyes in League 2 should be on the newcomers) Stevenage's rags to riches tale of rising to the highest level in their history to name just a few- Leagues One and Two aren't exactly dull!

Rant over people. Any thoughts?

2. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

What is this?

3. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Just my opinion, that it needs a bit of a change-around <whistle>

4. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

Right, I've got you. You mean the Football League show. Sorry, we're not all English so sometimes things aren't always clear.

It's a bit like me posting SC needs a revamp and Rob McLean needs replaced.

5. THe Mighty Huth Rocks

Cant be arsed read all that, what was the jist of it?

6. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

He said you're a ****. <ok>

7. THe Mighty Huth Rocks

Thought so <ok>

8. TOON_LEWIS

TOON_LEWIS Member

I think that every team should get slightly longer than they do, so I have an idea:
    I think they should have 3 seperate shows, all being shown at the same time. So, when MotD finishes, on BBC1 the 'Championship Show' should be on, and on the red button the 'League 1 Show' and 'League 2 Show' should be on. This would allow all divisions to be shown in a Match of the Day style format, meaning all teams would get 5 mins of highlights each.