1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Return of the Superb Owl

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yes, it's back. The Superb Owl will be in Tampa Bay tonight featuring, for the first time ever, the home side in their own stadium. Can the incredible Tom Brady, in his 10th Superb Owl at 43 years old, take the unsung Buccaneers to glory by taking out the reigning champions the Kansas City Chiefs?

The Bucs have reached the final winning all 3 playoff games away to divisional champions and a win tonight, which would be Brady's 7th, will cement his reputation as the greatest quarterback of all time...

QPR999 likes this.
  2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I'm trying to wok out if it's possible to do a 24-hour live sport stint involving PL games interspersed by rugby, followed by some golf, then on to the Superbowl and through to the cricket starting up again.

Bucs for me.

mapleranger and sb_73 like this.
  3. Sooperhoop

Today would usually be your best bet with the extended coverage and early start in India. I'd love to see the Bucs win it, they've been perennial also-rans for years...

4. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Kansas City for me.

Brady is too old - surely?

5. Sooperhoop

Big-time experience is priceless, if anyone can pull it off it will be Brady. You can bet your bottom dollar the Chiefs defence will target him for a big hit...

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

As I’ve now deleted all my betting accounts and can’t get down the bookies as they are closed....I’m finding it hard to take interest in the game. Shame I feel like that.

Stroller likes this.
  7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I saw a Tawny Owl last night at dusk.
    An absolute beauty.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  8. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Saw a few owls getting eaten by lions yesterday Lol

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That’s a real shame mate. I like American football, as soon as you stop trying to compare it to rugby and understand that the yanks are obsessed by stats it begins to make sense and it’s better on telly than live (except for the social side), but I can’t get worked up by this game. For personal/friends reasons I follow Chicago sports teams which means for the last few years I’ve had not much interest in the later stages of any competitions. The Bears fluked the pay offs but their record didn’t justify it. The Blackhawks were on a roll in ice hockey, which I love, but have screwed up their salary scales and have no depth. Baseball and basketball I can live without, unless someone buys me a ticket and beers.

I like Mahomes who is a genuinely exciting sportsman, Brady is a legend, but kind of robotic. Most of my US friends can’t stand him or the Patriots, though they like the Bucs coach who is apparently a good laugh. The Chiefs are the better overall team I think.

Might last to half time tonight, when prospect of ‘entertainment’ by someone I’ve never heard of will send me to bed.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  10. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I really do like the game mate, but like a lot of gambling addicts, I have to have a reason to support a team that I actually have no love of affinity for....shame really

sb_73 and Stroller like this.

11. Sooperhoop

Half time and the Bucs lead 21-6, totally dominant as KC self-destruct giving away ridiculous penalties especially in the final minute as Brady picks them apart. KC have made a number of great comebacks in the past two seasons but will have to find something we haven't seen yet in this game...

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Is it over yet

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Lasted until about 1.00 am, by which time it was clear that the Chiefs were inspired by the England rugby team, playing with no discipline and with zero control. Not very exciting and judging by the final score Brady and Co just had to stay sensible.

QPRski likes this.
  14. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Great result by the Bucs. Lots of Brady praise of course (and he did his job very well) but the Bucs defense were amazing, Mahome was under pressure everywhere and was as nullified as an amazing QB could be. I enjoyed the game tbh. Well done Bucs.

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I was going to make the same comparison to the England rugby team. The Chiefs were suicidal with the penalties and also failed to hang on to several passes which should have been completed. Mahomes, who is so good to watch compared to the metronomic Brady, was let down by his teammates.

sb_73 likes this.
  16. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Great defensive display by TB, they made Mahones look average but KC wasn’t helped by their penalty count.
    Love him or loathe him Tom Brady is surely now the GOAT.

17. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Bucs, Brady, Bears? Where have my Broncos gone.

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights. Mahomes must be seriously pissed off with his colleagues, especially the three who let his pass hit them in the face in the end zone rather than catch it. Well played Tampa, and Brady who asked for three other players to be brought in, including Gronkowski from retirement, and delivered.