1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reed tells it like it is.....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Channonfodder, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Has this not been posted yet? Can't see it yet, any way, a good read.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/25042014-les-reed-statement-on-pochettino-and-players-1509755.aspx

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

So moderators can't do links as well :)

Does warrant its own thread, though it is in one of the others.

3. MIsaints

MIsaints Active Member

Quite clear. Not much indecision in his words. Quite glad to hear it. Won't end the speculation but certainly seems encouraging.

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Can't do titles either. Also CF doesn't read the rumour thread, it appears. Bit of a poor effort, all-in-all. ;)

5. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

you just cant get the mods these days:emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. TheSecondStain

Tbf, it was probably done on that awful iPhone he puts up with. :)

7. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

touché - nice one Fran. "Are you watching TSS, are you watching TSS" :D

9. fatletiss

I should have seen that coming...

10. TheSecondStain

11. fatletiss

12. TheSecondStain

Yes, I know it, and to some extent it's true. I've been trying to learn the guitar for about 3-4 years now, and I'm still not far. But if you don't exercise it, it atrophies. Body, and Brain too.

13. fran-MLs little camera

My definition of simple is clearly different from yours. Actually looked at your guide recently (not bad considering you posted it ages ago)...got part way down and my eyes glazed over. Think you are vastly overestimating my abilities at least. Then I thought....sod it...I am like a pointer...I get the scent and point in the direction for the hunters to go and fetch :)

14. fatletiss

I need a word with wife!

15. TheSecondStain

OK, point taken. I appreciate the guide could be daunting. But it's not meant to be read like a book. You just scan down to the spot where you are confused [in your case, links] and read that bit. Once you've mastered that you can read further if you like. What you suggested for cool also counts for links. :)

This is the whole bit you can't do:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Link or Insert link - This button gives you the ability to refer to websites and articles away from your present forum. Every website you go to has a link, called a URL [uniform resource locator]. These lurk at the top of your browser in an address window and look something like this:

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php...ic-Chat-Thread

This is the URL for a Beefy thread. Now forget the name and initials, they're not important. Just remember the important thing a URL does.
    See it in your browser's URL window..? You'll see it change every time you go to a different webpage. This is the unique address for every webpage.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now the method:
    Like all text that you want to affect, click on, and highlight it, the URL text from the website you want to refer to. Right-click on the highlighted text and copy it. Now come back to the Not606 Editor and click the Link button. Paste the copied text into the popup window that has appeared. Once the text is in, click the OK button and a link appears in your post. Once you have posted your message, your link now works to send people to your referred article if they click on it. You can always practice by yourself by pressing the Go Advanced button, instead of the Post Quick Reply button, and Preview Post to see if it works. If you screw a post up you can always edit it or ask a mod to edit it for you [some can :) ] or delete it.

16. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

About time that someone from the club came out and said that. I'd love to know how these 'done deal' stories originate. Does someone just completely make them up, or do they start out as wishful thinking?

17. TheSecondStain

Look on recent posts from the transfer thread. Explanation in an article.

18. fran-MLs little camera

Bless you for having faith<laugh> How do you copy and paste?

19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Fran you remind me of the person who, when told to "right click" on their desktop, actually wrote "click" on their desktop...

20. TheSecondStain

Hmm, I'm guessing you're actually unsure amongst the smiles. OK. First and last explanation:

The PC mouse has two main buttons, left and right. If you use a laptop touchpad you have my sympathy. I would ALWAYS use a mouse [I use a stylus on my phone]. It is the greatest computer user tool invention in history [thank you Rank Xerox]. Anyway, back to the mouse buttons, left and right.

To copy and paste text: hold the mouse pointer over some text [any text to practice] and press down and hold the left button [left click and hold]. Drag the mouse pointer across the text as you hold the button and you'll see the text highlighted. Release the button. Now click the right button on any part of that highlighted text, and a menu appears. Where it says COPY, left click on it, but don't hold the button. You've now copied the text so that you can now paste it elsewhere. Go elsewhere on the page, program, internet, or almost anywhere these days, provide it's on the same machine, and left click on the mouse. That's sets your mouse pointer again. Now right click again on that position and then left click on PASTE. That's it, done. The text you copied appears.

Now You and CF are computer veterans. Go and play. ;)

I'll take questions..!