1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Received an interesting email from my son's football club

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Hefty fullback, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

Uniform Drive for Fields of Dreams Uganda:
    There are a lot of outdated, outgrown uniforms cluttering your closets, looking for a home, especially since it's a new uniform year for PRSC. We are collecting donations for Field of Dreams' soccer programs in Uganda for orphaned and vulnerable children. Here's what they need:
    - PRSC and Premier SCUniform kits - matching jersey & shorts: Please put the jersey & shorts together in a plastic shopping bag and tie the handles so the kit stays together.
    - Cleats: any cleats that are still in good condition; there's a big need for larger sizes. Please tie the laces together so the pair stays together.
    - Sports bras: any gently used sports bras that are in good condition.
    * Please only donate items that are on this list.

2. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Great idea.... got any spare Sports Bras Bri ?? <whistle>

Gil T Azell and Gordon Armstrong like this.
  3. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Cleats?

When they say uniform, do they mean 'football kit'? :emoticon-0112-wonde

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Not spare. Have you tried Gordon's head? <laugh>

5. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

I sent five full kits out to a mission in entebbe about ten years ago ,the appreciation and gratitude was very rewarding.

6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

I tried my damndest to help people in KENYA, we sent kit everything, the people running it stole the good stuff for themselves, sold on what they didn't want encompassing friends family ext, at the end of the day the only thing that got to the people that needed it was an oversized shirt. No matter how hard you try to help the African nation as a whole, they will steal the pennies from a dead mans eyes, its in their nature, unless you have someone in charge at source, and not connected , supplying the resources, or everything will be nicked, there is nothing like experience to combat those ahhh the poor fekkers maybe i can help. dont do it lads when you see what happens it all ends in tears , i speak from experience

7. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I remember this.
    Sent shirts myself Rog.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. Home_and_Away

Like previous posters have already said... it's a thankless task trying to help as most of the money disappears very quickly and without trace. However, if you do ever manage to get to a poverty stricken country it will blow your mind away how these people live from day to day.
    Below is a picture of me in Sierra Leone 2016 working in a school full of children with no family whatsoever, many were blind and most had either HIV or Ebola.
    This place changed my life forever and I will never forget little Esther or Kennedy (in my arms).
    Sadly Kennedy passed away Feb 2017 <peacedove>

And we moan about ****in Jack Rodwell

IMG_0910.JPG

9. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I sent 50 full kits and was told none of them had been stolen, I just sent Newcastle kits. <laugh>

10. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

About 10 tears ago my mate started his own charity ( Limpopo ) in Africa and everything goes through him to the schools he looks after my wife and myself were supposed to be going for three months to help build a new school he has friends who have a huge riding school and we can stay in there bungalows free of charge just flights to pay for but i bought this bloody house and its taken all my time so haven't had time to go yet but hopefully in the next couple of years.

Home_and_Away likes this.

11. Home_and_Away

Charity starts at home marra... I'm sure you'll get there when you get the chance :emoticon-0148-yes: