1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

rebuilding job

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, May 21, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Defence - probably 2 keepers especially if kasper is poached

We are now crying out for central defenders. 2 minimum

Midfield - assuming mahrez goes and gray stays . Relatively ok.

Strikers- slimani, musa have not stepped in we need 2-3 .

Out then.
    Kasper, wasilewski, king, musa, ulloa, slimani, mahrez

Benny, chilwell and even amertey are still average squad players.

Defo rebuilding job needed. And probably the biggest decision will be by the owners. Shaky stick or twist and with the results overall it would be stick but the last 5 ??

Decisions decisions!!

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I'd say 1 cm to play with Huth or Morgan, got to have a creative midfielder to add depth if Drinkwater is unavailable and as a luxury I'd like Deeney.

Anything else I'd say is just to replace anyone who leaves

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Minimum we need is a CB, RB, competition for Drinkwater and competition for Vardy.

Anyone else would be replacing players who leave.

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

If Mahrez goes then he wouldn need a direct replacement IMO

Demarai Gray would take over from Mahrez and Tom Lawrence comes into the squad

We need to try and sell Musa, Slimani, Ulloa, Benalouane and taking away the sentiment I think Andy King aswell.

Musa has been a huge flop and at double the price Slimani isnt too far behind

Ulloa wants out and Benalouane isnt good enough

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Firstly I'd give the likes of Lawrence a chance and Barnes unless the plan is to loan him to the championship.

If Kasper stays we are fine there. A new central defender or two and a new right back but could be a young one to learn from and take over from simpson (the lad rom Luton?)

A centre mid, would Adrian Silva still want to come? I guess we'd see if it was purely the CL factor or if he genuinely wants to play in England.

A number 10, Siggurdson? Probably a long shot

Another striker

6. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

I don't think we need a massive rebuilding, we need massive investment to add to our squad depth and move on a few players but I don't see us losing Schmeichel or Mahrez because nobody is going to pay for them, simple as that.

We need the following positions filling and with proven quality, which I think we will this time.

Zieler has to go so we need a back up for him but I'd be interested in bringing Iverson through because nobody is going to replace Kasper and I can't imagine anyone decent wanting to warm the bench. Might as well stick with Hamer and Iverson.

A back up for Simpson but possibly Callum Elder who impressed at Barnsley before getting injured and could be another Chilwell. If not then we need to sign someone because Amartey isn't up to the job. We need two centre backs and probably be I'd be starting both of them. I'm not sure what Maguire is like because every time I've seen him I've not been impressed but he seems to be highly rated so him and either Acerbi or Mbodji. Defence sorted.

Midfield we definitely need an option for when Drinky is out or off form and I want Silva because he's got a great engine, a great range of passing and he controls the game and we desperately need someone with that ability. Him and Ndidi would be brilliant I reckon. He wants to come and he's a quality player so just spend the money because he'll be worth it. He'll make a huge difference.

Mendy I want to see more of before I make my mind up about selling, just not seen enough of him to properly judge yet so keep him.

Also we have James back and he was better than Drinky in our first season so he could be an option and we also have Harvey Barnes who I reckon will be with the first team next season.

Slimani we definitely need to keep because he scores goals and gives us that aerial threat we need. We have to remember it's his first season, he's not been fit and the team has largely been poor but he's still scored some vital goals and had it not been for him we would have been bottom before we sacked CR. So definitely keep Slimani but sell Ulloa and Musa.

I'm really hoping we go for Sigurdsson because he would be the ideal replacement for Okazaki. I didn't realise how much ground he covers but he gets about so I reckon he could do Okazaki's job and he has the creativeness that Shinji doesn't. Also looking forward to seeing more of Kaputska next season because I think he'll come good because he's ot the talent and the right attitude, he just needs to get stronger and he will. There's also Lawrence to have a look at preseason too.,

And seeing as we'd be losing two strikers with Musa and Ulloa I'd like us to sign Defoe if he'd be happy to be on the bench now. He's still a top quality goal scorer and the type of player we don't have so he'd be ideal as a squad player to come on and score because if we create he'll put them away.

That'll do.

7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Just looking at the goal scoring charts for the championship to see if there's any worth having. Some goal scorers there such as Chris Wood, knockaert, Kermorgant, wonder if they'd be worth a punt <whistle><laugh> good to see some of our former lads do well though.

On a serious note there, Tammy Abraham has had a great season and is young. My wish list would be

Keane -probably missed the boat
    Gibson/Maguire?
    Justin - Luton (I love these kind of signings
    Silva - would he still come?
    Siggurdson- I think it would depend on the competiton from other clubs
    Abraham

All of them would have been jumping to come last summer as well

8. Proud Fox

In the summer we need proper competition for Simpson, 2 centre halfs to compete with Huth and Morgan. And attacking midfielder and a striker or 2 depending on how many strikers leave

9. Champions of England

Yeah we're along the same lines and I'm not sure who the Luton lad is but I like those signings too. We've got Josh Gordon too whose been banging them in for the U23's.

Silva will definitely come, there are still reports coming from Portugal saying he wants to come. Same with Mbodji from Anderlecht. Sigurdsson we have a great chance because of the wages we can pay, I mean we pay more than Spurs so any club other than the top four aren't really going to be able to compete with us and I don't see any of the top six wanting him but maybe Everton and we can compete with them financially.

We've got a good group that just needs a bit more quality in depth and next season I see no reason to not be pushing top four or six.

10. Champions of England

and a central midfielder who can control the game

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

^^^^^

This - Sigurdson would be good but I think he will have lots of offers - should have got him last season - was on my wish list on here

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... bit harsh on Chilweell .. getting better with every game ... a potential start of the future for me ... still a kid.

13. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Agree totally. He reminds me very much of Leighton Baines - pretty good defensively, has great pace and ability going forward and delivers a nice cross. We would be hard pushed to attract a better quality player for that position, so let's make sure we keep him. Not sure whether 4-4-2 naturally suits that type of player, but if we set up with 2 defensive midfielders it should still allow him to get forward.

I'd love to see some of those youngsters that are on the fringes in our own academy or been out on loan and made an impact be given a chance. Man Utd did it at the weekend. No point in flooding the team with inexperience, but you never know what you have until you give them a chance. Blood them in gradually and make them feel part of the main team. The way we have neglected Demarai Gray makes me a little fearful in this respect.

14. Proud Fox

We might already have that in Nampalys Mendy. None of us really know what we have with him yet

With James and Mendy returning alongside Drinkwater, Ndidi, Amartey and King and dont see us bringing in any midfielders

15. Proud Fox

On Chilwell I think he has come into the team in difficult circumstances and has never looked out of place. He hasnt been scared to take the ball and at times to the game to the opposition. Fuchs is still rightfully the first choice left back but next season I think Chilwell will give him so real competition.

Ive been very impressed with him and I think he will be a star for us

Next season I hope we see Tom Lawrence, Harvey Barnes along with Chilwell and Demarai Gray given alot more gametime

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

If you add Ndidi in to that mix then you have a bunch of very good young players

17. Proud Fox

We have alot of very good young players

Chilwell, Amartey, Kapustka, Lawrence, Gray, Ndidi, Barnes

Only players that are in their 30's that are key players for us is Fuchs, Huth, Morgan and Vardy.

I didnt include Kasper as age isnt an issue for keepers

18. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Lawrence and Gray are natural replacements for Mahrez if someone is brace enough to gamble on him

19. Champions of England

I agree we have the numbers but we don't have the quality there and I just don't see Mendy getting the game by the scruff of the neck like someone like Silva would. James I'd be more inclined to believe could play alongside Ndidi but I don't remember him having the passing range needed? King and Amartey aren't good enough and have proven not to be in the last few games.

20. Champions of England

Gray isn't, he's not got a final ball, doesn't look up and makes the wrong decision every time. Mahrez even performing poorly is better than Gray because he can produce a bit of magic that Gray can't and he's better at defending than Gray, which says a lot. He's nowhere near ready to replace him yet, Sigurdssson is the type of player we want to replace Mahrez.