1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading fans Chat - Man City v Reading (22/12/2012)

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by daib0, Dec 18, 2012.

1. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

A warm hello to all City fans – for those who don’t know me, well it’s a Royals fan 100% in peace here. It would be really interesting for us to have any comments from you, like how you see the game going and general thoughts on your own team, and your (honest!) opinion of Reading.

I know some people don’t particularly like other fans producing a shopping list of questions to answer, and I perfectly understand that, so I leave any comments freely and totally with you. But if you like, these simple following points might be used as a very basic guide in case you’d like to write to something slightly longer, but don’t feel at all pushed to go along this road if it doesn’t suit you:

A] What do you feel are currently the strongest areas of YOUR squad, and who should Reading individually look out for / fear most?
    B] Any young stars coming through the academy that we should keep an eye on, now or in the future? Any thoughts on the new U21 league?
    C] Well, it’s a re-run of last season at the top of the premier so far. Both Manchester clubs are really turning the heat on – but do you think you can do it again at the end of the day?
    D] How strong do you see the general level of the premier this season, and any general opinions of Reading FC and our current football - either for or against (you can be honest!). Do you frankly see us surviving, when there is already a gap opening up above us? ...

Many thanks, here’s to a good game! I’ll be looking in daily, so any questions back just pop them on this thread …

daib0

P.S. Here's the RR in-depth match presentation: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9785321/1

2. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

A strongest area is probably squad depth and as ever Silva Tevez and Aguero are a real handful when they get it together as Newcastle found out last week
    B Not a great deal coming through as yet,Denis Suarez,Rekic and Razak appear to be the best of the crop but the academy is a work in progress
    C. I don't think the 6 point gap is insurmountable and not having European midweek games could well swing the title in our favour but we would almost certainly have to play an awful lot better than we have done to retain it.
    D. While there certainly aren't any easy games in the PL,I don't think the standard of player is as high as we like to think it is.The CL has been an eye opener to how good the teams on the continent are.
    I get the impression that Reading are in the PL before they were ready to be player wise and the lack of genuine Premier league quality players will cost them their place unless a very fruitful January shopping expedition takes place.I hope McDermott isn't sacked as I don't think many would be doing any better with the resources he's had available to him.Not good enough defensively would be the most obvious criticism and teams around you at the bottom appear to have a bit more nous about how to pick points up.
    Hope you survive but would be very surprised if you did

3. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Thanks there for a genuine set of answers; I've relayed these on our RR - and I basically agree with you though I'm saddened that it's so ...

ah, and congrats on breaking the 1,000 post barrier!!