1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading fan Chat - Wigan v Reading (24/11/2012)

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by daib0, Nov 20, 2012.

1. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

A warm hello to all Latics fans – for those who don’t know me (most probably!), well it’s a Royals fan 100% in peace here. Please do see the ’Not 606’ Reading board for our news and preview on the game –

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/180143-Wigan-v-Reading

The fullest respect is shown to Wigan with full information produced equally for both sets of fans – but in all honesty far, far more on your team. It would be really interesting for us to have any comments from you put up here (or there on the Reading thread), like how you see the game going and general thoughts on your own team, and your (honest!) opinion of Reading.

I know some people don’t particularly like other fans producing a shopping list of questions to answer, and I perfectly understand that, so I leave any comments freely and totally with you. But if you like, these simple following points might be used as a very basic guide in case you’d like to write to something slightly longer, but don’t feel at all pushed to go along this road if it doesn’t suit you:

A] What are currently the strongest areas of YOUR squad, and who should Reading individually look out for / fear most?
    B] Any young stars coming through the academy that we should keep an eye on, now or in the future?
    C] Well, it’s a difficult start to our own season, and it’s not plain sailing for Wigan either if we’re honest. So, realistically, where do you hope Wigan might finish if all goes more-or-less well?
    D] How strong do you see the general level of the premier this season, and any general opinions of Reading FC and our current football - either for or against (you can be honest!). Any words of advice for the ‘newbies’ in the premier scene, so that we might emulate your permanence in the premier?!

Many thanks, here’s to a good game! I’ll be looking in daily, so any questions back just pop them on this thread …

daib0

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Bloody hell we`ve had some decent fans on here in the past but i think this the best so far anyway mate here`s to you :emoticon-0150-hands whats a reading fan doing in Spain or is that England.

3. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Thanks ... and it's a long story fromthestands - on the personal side, well I had a Spanish girlfriend and after four years visiting to-and-fro decided to take a couple of years in Spain. The girl turned out lousy, but meanwhile met my Spanish wife a year later, so here I now am on both sides with two 'Spanglish' boys! The enormous crisis here in Spain means I'm not back as much as I'd like to at the moment though.

On the football front; well I helped initially form the Royals Rendezvous forum where I'm a mod and am sort of responsable for most of the 'outreach' activity you could say. We were basically the old core 50-strong BBC 606 Reading board but got tired of all the WUMs/trolls, multiple identities, call them what you like. So we set off on our own in late 2010 (before the BBC closures) to control our board ourselves, and now we're nearly ten times that number. But coming from the BBC606 I feel we're much more open to opposition fans than most sites, though you may say I'm biased! The Not 606 board for Reading is still quite small, but virtually the only posters are also members of 'RR' so it comes easily to have a bit of chat/banter ...

On top of that quite a few of us supported the team in the old 3rd division, and even 4th division, days, so we're not an arrogant lot at all by nature. In fact, Wigan and West Brom are the teams that we've been looking at, seeing how we can emulate you! That's why I said 'full respect' - your history last thirty years is quite amazing, and I'll gladly give credit where it's due, as do our members!!

4. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Club Call

Miyaichi eyes Royals clash
    http://www.clubcall.com/wigan-athletic/miyaichi-eyes-royals-clash-1504843.html

Ryo Miyaichi says he is back to full fitness and has pleaded with Roberto Martinez to start him when Wigan take on Reading. The Japanese winger has struggled with injury since arriving on loan from Arsenal in the summer and has yet to start in the first team, with all his Premier League appearances coming from the bench.

Miyaichi again came on during the 3-0 defeat to Liverpool and although he failed to make a difference as far as the scoreline was concerned, he did show some nice touches and is hoping he has done enough to earn a place in the side that takes on the Royals.

"I felt very comfortable after the injury and I suffered no problems," he told the Evening Post. "But, to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with my contribution. I didn't manage to do the things I wanted - I didn't really do anything. In every game I try to score and make assists, I managed to do neither so I can't be happy with the way I played. I feel I need to do more for the team and I hope to be able to do that against Reading."

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

I must be truthfull and say i do'nt realy know mutch about this fella other than when he played last week so i do'nt know his strenths and weakness are becase like they say he's not had mutch of a run out and Martinez as kept the faith will same team for quite a while now and do'nt see him changing it but with watson out till next year who knows

6. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

The Sun

Bri takes a Mart tip
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tt-picking-up-tips-from-Roberto-Martinez.html

BRIAN McDERMOTT says he has been picking up interview tips from Roberto Martinez.
    Wigan boss Martinez is noted for keeping calm under pressure despite the Latics often being embroiled in a relegation dogfight. And Royals chief McDermott reckons Martinez is the man to emulate when your club is in trouble.

McDermott said: “I think Roberto Martinez is a really good benchmark for managers in a tricky situation. I watched his interviews last season when they were struggling a bit and I thought he was first class. I really like him. He is bright and articulate and he’s done a great job.”
    Reading gained their first three-point haul of the season with a 2-1 victory over Everton last week. And McDermott needed to stay calm with reports claiming PSV boss Dick Advocaat had been lined up as his replacement. He added:
    “Everton was a big result because I didn’t want the burden of going into another game, another week without a win.”

7. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I'm depressed and our injury list isn't cheering me up. :( We'll put out a team like this -

HAbsi
    Boyce Ramis Figueroa
    Stam McCarthy Jones Beausejour
    Maloney
    Kone Boselli

Bobby might replace either Boselli or Jones with Gomez. If he's going to play Gomez at all I'd rather it was replacing Jones. I think.

I'm just off to the game now, don't fancy our chances one little bit. I've been obesessivelty reading fromthestands positive thread, I can't find it.

A disappointing 1-2 reverse.

8. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

just like to say to you daibo and the reading fans that was one hell of a game you gave us and can`t see why your were you are in the league you really had us on the ropes and it was just that one of our most unlikely player to score decided to answer is critics in a big way (nice one or should i say 3 Gomez)but i don`t think you`l be there when we come your place good luck for the rest of the season <ok>

9. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

you're too kind, and there's a fair amount of gloom around my forum tonight!!