1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading Fan Chat – Reading v Hull

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by daib0, Apr 18, 2016.

1. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

As always, it’s friendly greetings from daib0, many of you know me a fair bit by now from Inter-Forum games! Well, when I’m not the neutral ‘games-master’ guy I’m a Royals fan for my sins - and so I wondered if I could get a bit of chat going once again to report back to the guys and gals on my forum - sorry it’s at very short notice but the games are raining in right now! These are always hugely appreciated by our folk on ‘Royals Rendezvous’ so here goes, a few pointers here but any comments always welcome!:

A]
    Perhaps the automatic promotion places are just a wee bit difficult now but it’s been a most highly impressive season for Hull. Would you have hoped for this last August, or even more as being one of the biggest clubs in the championship? Or take the positives that so many other clubs – mine included - would dearly like to be in your comfortable position right now?

B]
    In general, are there any talented youngsters breaking through this season? Could you mention generally a few of your hottest performing talents of late to inform the RR members? Of who should we specially beware? (OK, some may well write ‘all’ but please reduce it to a couple or so!)…

C]
    I was just going through your results and it makes good reading as I see it, for you’ve consistently taken maximum points off the middle of table and lower half teams which has certainly been a big help in picking up so many points. What has been your favourite game of the season? The 6-0 hammering of Charlton? Beating Leicester and Snansea in the Capitol Cup? Just wondered …

D]
    Head on heart – what will happen from now till end of season? How do you see it playing out? Play-off winners? Hull must be very solid candidates for that Wembley trip surely?

E]
    As we approach the close season, and regardless of which league you’re finally playing in, what – or perhaps who - do you think is needed to make an even more well-oiled Hull machine to scare the others come August?

F]
    Our own season is a funny tale … Reading started fairly well, reaching the giddy heights of second in mid-October before embarking on a very nasty slump culminating with the sacking of Steve Clarke. Seem to be picking up a little now. So it’s a welcome back for Brian McDermott, the man who last got us up to the Premier league and for us to be positive at least an FA Cup last 8 for a championship team not firing on all cylinders is not that bad (in particular we need a proven goal scorer or two!). So from yourselves, any thoughts of the Royals of recent times (** cough cough ** reproducible please!)?

G]
    Looking ahead to this game – even if you’re leaving a prediction elsewhere, could you give me just a quick indication of how you see the play going? I would have thought that you guys must be huge favourites, Reading are playing for nothing right now, and I imagine some players will know they are going to be out in a few weeks time. If I go for a draw it’s out of mad loyalty, and not to be taken seriously!

As always, I promise that any snippets used will be credited by reference to your forum, and the individual member in question. As a mod myself on RR, it’s always guaranteed no ‘wind ups’ towards anyone on our forum. Our match presentation here laden with info on Hull City and full respect proves that:

http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10440265/1

few posts yet, but this will be sure to liven up ..

Ah, and this forum of the Not 606 network has been our recommendation on the Match Presentation for fans to read on anything Hull!

Any questions for us in return, just get back and I’ll do my best lads, or ask on my forum if necessary …

Cheers,

daib0, and the team on ‘Royals Rendezvous’

2. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

daib0 likes this.
  3. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

It's all gone wrong and we're all suicidal. We hate everything, the club, the players, the owners, the manager, but mostly each other. If you could turn the light back off and close the door quietly when you leave, that'd be just fine.

4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Perhaps the automatic promotion places are just a wee bit difficult now but it’s been a most highly impressive season for Hull. Would you have hoped for this last August, or even more as being one of the biggest clubs in the championship? Or take the positives that so many other clubs – mine included - would dearly like to be in your comfortable position right now?
    No. I expected us to be top by now and guaranteed promotion.

B]
    In general, are there any talented youngsters breaking through this season? Could you mention generally a few of your hottest performing talents of late to inform the RR members? Of who should we specially beware? (OK, some may well write ‘all’ but please reduce it to a couple or so!)…

Robbo when he's in the mood. Maguire is a rough diamond. Akpom if he plays could be awesome, or not. He'll be perfect back at Arsenal.

C]
    I was just going through your results and it makes good reading as I see it, for you’ve consistently taken maximum points off the middle of table and lower half teams which has certainly been a big help in picking up so many points. What has been your favourite game of the season? The 6-0 hammering of Charlton? Beating Leicester and Snansea in the Capitol Cup? Just wondered …

Beating the Smoggies 3-0. Frigging arseholes.

D]
    Head on heart – what will happen from now till end of season? How do you see it playing out? Play-off winners? Hull must be very solid candidates for that Wembley trip surely?

Well if there's not a collapse at the top, I hope we win the playoffs obviously, and no reason why we can't. Except we can. Because we're Hull City. If we aint miserable about sommat, we're miserable.

E]
    As we approach the close season, and regardless of which league you’re finally playing in, what – or perhaps who - do you think is needed to make an even more well-oiled Hull machine to scare the others come August?

David Moyes. Or Mclaren.

F]
    Our own season is a funny tale … Reading started fairly well, reaching the giddy heights of second in mid-October before embarking on a very nasty slump culminating with the sacking of Steve Clarke. Seem to be picking up a little now. So it’s a welcome back for Brian McDermott, the man who last got us up to the Premier league and for us to be positive at least an FA Cup last 8 for a championship team not firing on all cylinders is not that bad (in particular we need a proven goal scorer or two!). So from yourselves, any thoughts of the Royals of recent times (** cough cough ** reproducible please!)?

I honestly couldn't even point to you on a map despite having been to your ground once. You've done alright all things considered. As have we.

G]
    Looking ahead to this game – even if you’re leaving a prediction elsewhere, could you give me just a quick indication of how you see the play going? I would have thought that you guys must be huge favourites, Reading are playing for nothing right now, and I imagine some players will know they are going to be out in a few weeks time. If I go for a draw it’s out of mad loyalty, and not to be taken seriously!

Oh yeah, that's easy, regulation 4-0 to us. :)

daib0 likes this.
  5. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

A]

With arguably our best squad in years, despite only one rated striker, we topped the Division at the end of January. But lack of an inform striker and Bruce's tactical ineptness has cost us dearly. We should make the playoffs but not promotion. Next season could be a struggle.

B]

Andy Robertson at LB is the standout young player and will go to a Prem club for 10+ mill. in the summer. Snodgrass and Hernandez, if he gets some decent service, could give you trouble.

C]

The 3-0 win over Middlesboro and the defeat of Leicester in the Capitol Cup were our best performances. Also the 0-0 draw at Arsenal in the Cup playing mostly our reserve team showed the strength and depth of our defense.

D]

We'll finish in 4th or 5th place and lose to Derby in the playoffs. No Wembley this year.
    E]

We need to get rid of Bruce above all. Bring in a Manager who can recognize and sign 1-2 good strikers. The failure to sign Andre Gray and let him slip away to Burnley has cost us promotion. And above all we need a leader on the field, preferably a creative attacking centre midfielder.

F]

You got two of our players in Macca and Quinnie who were two whole hearted members of the squad, and we have missed their fighting spirit. Wish we'd kept them. I always look for your results to see how they played and will be watching them tomorrow.

G]

Seriously I think you'll win tomorrow - 2-1. We have looked poor in recent weeks and the spirit has gone out of the team. Bruce's team line ups and tactics have been clueless and he's "a dead man walking". Most of us on here will be glad to see the back of him. We'll see you next year.

daib0 likes this.
  6. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

A. We should have been up, some bad results have cost us, but we'll be in the playoffs, win them a possibility, I think we'll do it by the hardest way possible!
    B. Andy Robertson, Maguire & a young LB called Josh Tymon, theres potentially some good kids in the juniors but whether they make the grade is anyone's guess
    C. Burnley 3-0!
    D. Playoff winners, more heart than head.
    E. Same thing we've needed for years, a striker! If we don't go up then a new manager, if we do, then new owners!
    F. Decent against us, unlucky to lose, but losing your striker to Derby won't have helped. Should be doing better!
    G.We've struggled against teams we should win against, I think we'll nick it 2-1 or it'll be 1-1 with a dodgy disallowed goal/penalty!

Overall there'll be some miserable ****ers saying Bruce should go even if we do go up, also you'll hear we're the worst team in the division despite our position!

daib0 likes this.
  7. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Maguire's our best young player, but we don't play him. 2-0 Reading.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    daib0 likes this.
  8. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

daib0 likes this.
  9. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Great stuff lads, thanks for these replies, makes great reading ...

10. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

STATS !

READING HOME

Reading have conceded in 60% of their last 20 home games.

Reading have scored in 70% of their last 20 home games.

In their last 20 home matches against teams positioned above them in the table, Reading have scored 0.7 goals per game and conceded 0.8 goals per game on average.

Reading have scored 1 goal or less in 14 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 4, draw 6 and lose 4 of these matches.

Reading have conceded 1 goal or less in 16 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 8, draw 6 and lose 2 of these matches.

In their last 20 home matches, Reading have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 0.8 goals per game on average.

Reading have scored first in 40% of their last 20 home games.

In their last 20 home games, Reading have scored the first goal 8 times and conceded the first goal 9 times.

In their last 20 home games against teams positioned above them in the table, Reading have scored the first goal 5 times and conceded the first goal 9 times.

HULL AWAY

Hull have conceded in 65% of their last 20 away games.

Hull have scored in 65% of their last 20 away games.

In their last 20 away matches against teams positioned below them in the table, Hull have scored 0.9 goals per game and conceded 0.9 goals per game on average.

Hull have scored 1 goal or less in 14 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 3, draw 2 and lose 9 of these matches.

Hull have conceded 1 goal or less in 15 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 8, draw 2 and lose 5 of these matches.

In their last 20 away matches, Hull have scored 0.9 goals per game and conceded 1.0 goals per game on average.

Hull have scored first in 40% of their last 20 away games.

In their last 20 away games, Hull have scored the first goal 8 times and conceded the first goal 12 times.

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned below them in the table, Hull have scored the first goal 9 times and conceded the first goal 10 times.

11. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Good to see somebody putting in a bit of an effort.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  12. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

this

Des Head likes this.
  13. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Bored me to death them. :emoticon-0172-mooni

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  14. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I feel good now! 2-1 prediction & I also something about a dodgy penalty, didn't listen to it though, just read about it on SSN live text, but it said Maguire conceded penalty then it turned into a corner, much relief!

15. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Someone should have called this out as pure bullshit, I've never seen that here.