1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This is Cross Channel Stuff, Cardiff & Connected Banter Thread.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Oldsparkey, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning vicar - after you with the whip.........<laugh>

Thanks for the synopsis of some of my posts off the Leeds board - it's obvious you have no sense sense of humour whatsoever.

Continue "cutting and pasting" your articles because you have little or even less to offer on a football chat forum when it doesn't suit you personally.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Just read your opening sentence again.........."vitriol".......what are you like eh?..........<laugh><laugh>

Only you could see it that way on a football forum. Have you read any of the thousands of other posts on the Leed's board - they'd laugh you off the place.

4. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Just a response to the top man having a go at me who sees this board as his diocese.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Back to the same old bragging but we are used to that..
    * my brand new X5 xDrive 4.0MSport (Carbon Black/Ivory Leather)..<laugh>
    Some will know the significance of that and others won't but what the **** - this is the Leed's board. <ok>

... and this is what they called you..
    * BMW = Belligerent Motorised ****er

Squasher likes this.
  6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Starting to wonder if OS is just an intentional Internet troll

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am not having a go. I am merely pointing out the facts of what happening , you're the one name calling and insulting me, I have not made one comment at you, so please calm down and talk football, that's what you wanted.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm perfectly calm wiz and would love to talk about football, but it looks like you've replaced banksy..........<laugh>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

No way mate, you go and pick your little quarrels elsewhere, I just care about the activity on this forum and my fellow Bristol City fans, that's all, nothing else.

10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Been out for an hour only to come back and read this pretentious load of twaddle on the thread - utter self-justifying sanctimonious claptrap.

No you're not - that's putting your dog-collar stance on again. The need to trawl and copy my posts off another forum and post them on here is a clear indication that this is personal - nothing to do with inter-club banter.

You don't like being taken to task on "your forum" and use the pretext of protecting it and its' members to justify your interventions. You have only ever deleted my posts on other threads when a reference to you was involved - that says it all.

Have a good day vicar - I'm certainly having a ball...........<laugh>

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I quite like football - both playing and watching - although I’ve found recent games a bit stressful to be honest.
    As to the little matter of Cardiff next weekend; I think it’ll be an overhyped crap game with Warnocks thugs out to break legs - possibly Baker allowing himself to get wound up and sent off.
    Based on current form and the fact we are away from home with a restricted following you have to fancy a home win - but it’s a local derby, England vs Wales, Warnock vs Johnson - and NW has not had a great time playing against us and will want to avenge his Palarse games - including the ‘ghost’ goal and the reverse fixture, where arguably Pack might have been sent off.
    0-0 with a load of cards - possibly a sending off.

12. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Personally don’t see anything against Fulham or Cardiff.
    We have been spoilt up to December then it seems our boys think the seasons over
    I keep hearing our cup run has drained the players.
    What a load of bollox,don’t here other club using this excuse.

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

R&W - Nice to see some football chat even though the "Warnock's thugs out to break legs" is a bit strong pal - but I won't bite.:emoticon-0105-wink:

A game apiece each for us midweek before the "clash" and those respective results could well impact on our meeting. We're away at Ipswich which we always find tough and you've got probably my favourite team outside my own in the division - Fulham. A bad result for us and a good performance for you could shape the outcome next Sunday. Whatever, I'm really looking forward to it and without any bullshit, it's one of the highlights of the season fixtures for me. <ok>

What ever happens midweek, I reckon our game will be more crucial to you than us. If we slip up midweek and again against you, we can go again given the points cushion we've managed to build up. A bad result for you at home against Fulham and the "derby" could be make or break. Still lots of twists and turns to come I'm sure and that's what makes the Championship so interesting..

14. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Whatever happens against Fulham I can't see anything other than a Cardiff win on Sunday.
    Cardiff are on an 'up' and we are in probably our worst run of form this season.

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

RR & Redprintt - I don't think your excellent Cup run is being used as an excuse, just as a possible reason for the drop in form.

It's very difficult to maintain a consistent level of play across 46 Championship games - there'll be periods of frustration when things just don't click. We had ours over Christmas it looks like you've got yours right now. With 14 games to go there's still time for others around us to have theirs.

It's how quick you can turn it around and what needs to be done to achieve it that matters. Personally and for obvious reasons I hope you don't find out until after next weekend, but after that I hope you do. <ok>

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

"They were spitting at me and punching me" Neil Warnock on his 'frightening' experience with Bristol City fans
    The Cardiff City boss has been speaking about the 2008 incident in the wake of the scenes at the DW Stadium last night

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has stoked the flames ahead of Sunday's game with Bristol City by bringing up an incident with the Robins fans.

The Bluebirds has been speaking about the Wigan Athletic pitch invasion after their incredible FA Cup victory over Man City.

Warnock condemned the pitch invasion but sympathised with Aguero, with the veteran boss referencing similar experience when his then Crystal Palace side lost a Championship play-off semi-final against Bristol City at Ashton Gate in 2008.

"I thought it was a disgrace, an absolute disgrace," Warnock said of post-match scenes at the DW Stadium.

please log in to view this image

Will Grigg celebrates Wigan's victory over Man City
    "They obviously didn't anticipate that they could win the game.

"You can't stop pitch invasions if you don't have enough stewards and with the costing coming out of the gate, there's no reason why you don't have enough stewards."

Speaking about his experience at Ashton Gate where an estimated 19,000 staged an pitch invasion, Warnock added: "They were spitting at me, punching me, flashing elbows at me and calling me all names I couldn't repeat and it was the most difficult five minutes to get off the pitch I've ever had. It was frightening.

Palace boss Neil Warnock gestures during the Playoff Semi Final match against Bristol City in 2008
    "Unless you've been in that situation I don't think you can understand where Aguero is coming from because it is frightening, you fear for your safety and then you lash out.

"I had two stewards and they were worse than me, I think I was protecting them. It was the most frightening experience I ever had."

A Bristol City spokesperson said at the time: "One fan did swing an arm in the direction of Neil as he left the pitch. Neil was being guarded by four bouncers and the punch fan was blocked by one of their arms.

Bristol City's Bradley Orr (left) and Crystal Palace's Sean Scannell battle for the ball
    "As far as we are concerned no contact was made with Neil. We would rather focus on the 19,000 other fans who invaded the pitch peacefully than this one person."

City triumphed after extra-time against Palace to reach the play-off final, winning the tie 4-2 on aggregate.

They were to fall just short against Hull City at Wembley and the FA didn't press charges against the club after the incident.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-bristol-city-fans-1239232

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Mr Warnock warming up the fans pre the local match, up to his usual party tricks.

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Aye - nothing wrong with party tricks. Neil is doing a grand job whipping up the interest in our game and hopefully on this board as well.

However, first things first - we both have a important games tonight. Villa's failure to win at home last night keeps us in second spot, so a point at Ipswich will be enough to retain it. I think we just have to hope Leeds do a job on Derby for both our sakes. You could put some space between you and the chasing pack with a home win over Fulham and overtake them into 5th in the bargain.

That "chasing pack" of 4 had some good results last night. Preston with their point at Villa along with good wins for Sheffield Utd, Boro and a very dangerous looking Brentford side. 3 points at home must tbe the shout for the rest of the season and picking points on the road a bonus.

Reliant Robin TC2 and Red Robin like this.
  19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Hi
    With the Cardiff game coming up on Sunday, a note about how to reserve a free seat for the beamback and a heads-up about possible travel disruption if you're planning on going to the game by train.

Watch the beamback in the Supporters Bar

If you're not going to Cardiff, you can still watch the game live via the beamback at Ashton Gate. And if you want to be certain of getting in and getting a seat, you can reserve a place for free in the Supporters Bar.

Members can do this up until midnight on Saturday by e-mailing[email protected]

If any places remain available, non-members can get their name on the list by e-mailing the same address at any time on Saturday.

Full details can be found on our website.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL RESERVATIONS WILL LAPSE 15 MINUTES BEFORE KICK-OFF, SO IF YOU RESERVE A SEAT, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARRIVE AT THE BAR BY NO LATER THAN 11.45.

Travel disruption
    We have been contacted by Arriva Trains Wales and asked to pass on information about railway engineering works being done by Network Rail on the line between Newport and Cardiff.

There will be replacement buses between Newport and Cardiff all day on the Sunday which will affect any fans travelling from Bristol to Cardiff by train.

While there are plenty of buses planned, the fact that part of the journey will be by road may affect the travelling time into Cardiff and fans are advised to take this account when deciding what time to set off.

Sounds like fun!

Enjoy the game - be it in Cardiff, at the beamback or listening to the radio at home!

Cheers,

The SC&T

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Should be quite an intense game. I note Jokanovic is suggesting you played with a more "agricultural" style than he expected - is this a change of approach you've also detected or is he just being defensive about dropping points? Your top 6 position at the half-season point was achieved on the back of the passing game you promoted and since your Carabao games against Man City, that seems to have changed somewhat.

Do you think that's a concious decision by Johnson trying to counter the "passing" teams like Fulham and to some extent Leeds as well, whereas it didn't work against strugglers Bolton and Sunderland?

It's only an opinion, but I would have thought you had a far better chance of taking the points off us next Sunday by reverting to your early season quick-passing style than trying to go toe to toe with a very strong Cardiff side. I'm in no way saying you don't have considerable physical strength running through your side, but your best game seems to be ball on the floor stuff and that could be the way through us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.