1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sports Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by RogerisontheHunt, Aug 5, 2017.

1. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

ok, wasn't planning on it... but got kicked out and home ....so bought the bastard thing... (pissed...possibly why i wasn't offered a comfy sleep and brekkie...ffs...you'd have thought i said I was actually after her mate or something!!!)

at least do it early enough so i can get a Chinese!.... suppose i shouldn'tcomplaine at my age... Not happening but I'd love to see Davis planted

2. DirtyFrank

Davis....ghetto ****...

Mr Beej likes this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Bellend got stripped of his title for failing to make the weight too <doh>

4. DirtyFrank

Yep..cock couldn't make weight..showboated without looking good against a stoodge...lovely combo before the "knockout" but how a ref counts a guy out with that punch whether he is milking it or not is ridiculous ...wasn't a match.. it was a PR job ...that went wrong..

5. DirtyFrank

love the fact that rightly all the boxing dudes are saying that Mayweather is odds on... but there is that tension with them that McGregor could make the sport a joke lol

6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

McGregor catch him on the chin and he'll spark the ****er. Expecting a Mayweather masterclass though but I'd love McGregor to batter him in the first round.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  7. DirtyFrank

can the Irish singer spark demi out? that was the longest drawn out version of the yank anthem I've ever witnessed lol

8. DirtyFrank

feck me the RA is coming for Connor lol

9. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Up at 4.30 for work

10. DirtyFrank

ref pre empting mcgregor doing wrong from start... mayweather turning his back and ref looks at connor lol

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

McGregor outclassing him.

Got him up 5-1.

12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Big round for Mayweather,

13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Much better fight than expected. Connor gave Mayweather more trouble in that fight than Floyd has faced in his last 15 fights.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  14. DirtyFrank

Yup.. .I was surprised he went as long. Mayweather did what he always did...figures his opponent out.

All my fears for McGregor came true... he's got no wind... even in mma he has no wind.

But hey, fair play...he lasted 8 and a bit rounds with one of the best technical boxers there's been..some pro boxers couldn't do that....although I think mayweather could have unleashed a round or two earlier.

McGregor interview shows the difference in the sports though...boxing the ref protects you from damage while you're still on your feet..mcgregor saying fer feck sake I was still conscious lol.

As I say...money and bullshit aside...one guy stepped in and took his beating in another's sport.

And 9bviously there's no money in mayweather doing the same but he'd have lasted less than a round roles revearsed.

And that's what pissed me off about the commentators....they know their sport relies on the bloodthirst of us and boxing has become sterile with all its protections.. .so mma stepped in to the vacuum...they pretty much sneered the entire way through that match...but their words...a novice.....lasted 8 rounds with one of their best fighters....not being dirty, playing by the rules...and they hated it.

They hate it because for all their attempts at making boxing the "higher" sport...its losing its popularity, and not one top boxer could try what McGregor did there....theyd be killed.

FedLadSonOfAnfield likes this.
  15. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

But Mayweather won't admit that because it belittles boxing and praises MMA, it was the weight and power of McGregor''s punches that let him down because overall he landed more punches than his opponent.

ValleyGraduate12 and DirtyFrank like this.
  16. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Dayum ... I'm feeling disappointment, was hoping McGregor would win just so Mayweather had a 1 in his stats because he's an annoying arse and McGregor has stepped up here into another discipline and given him a real hard time and done really well

Guess McGregor just punched himself out and Mayweather's experience, usual boring strategy for the first half of the rounds until he saw McGregor tire and actually started doing something, and fitness won the day. Mayweather worked out the puzzle though so fair play but a big part of it was through the opponent's fatigue

That's the difference between MMA and boxing, the former is much more short sharp intense bursts with fights that can be over in seconds, minutes, the latter is often, usually about endurance and a different sort of staying power

But Conor has more than proved himself and can have a career in boxing if he wants and find success if he works on his stamina, keeps learning and gains a bit more finesse, he kept coming forward showing intent and aggression and gave Mayweather more trouble than anyone has in a long time

Have to laugh at this quote ... 'I've been strangled on live TV and came back, so I would have liked him to have let it go.' Maybe the mindset adjustment and mentality still needs to develop in McG even though the raw material is full of potential

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    DirtyFrank and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  17. FedLadSonOfAnfield

F1 about ready to go ... cars on the grid

18. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

one of the few GP's i bother watching these days
    particularly when a Pulis team is playing an ex Pulis team.

19. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

Fastest car wins a fast car race shocker.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

The box was exactly what I expected.

McGregor has built a rep knocking out tiny lads having cut weight massively and using mma gloves.

He stepped up to Diaz and was found out but Ufc needed his mouth so thry arranged that task rematch where it was a poing win but dodgy i o.

Against Diaz McGregor didn't tickle the guy first match and was boxed out after 2 rounds.

Here an aged Mayweather never even felt a punch off McGregor but had hardly any power himself... despite all the bragging McGregor was done and all in after 5 rounds.

It says it all that Mayweather took 5 roubdsvto end it..

Ufc firmly put in its place.... McGregor has his money but he won't defend both Ufd titles imo...he will only defend the lighter on if he can cut weight enough to bulky the small lads.