1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Get her a necklace they love that ****

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

More to do with my mum getting in my head by saying I should do it over and over again then anything. I'm not going to just propose (or not) just because randoms have given their view. I'm not Lapras.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Only string being used is her using it pull cash out my wallet without me knowing. :p

4. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

:) I know, I was pulling your leg a bit really.

But no, it's a massive decision and it's absolutely your decision. You're pretty single-minded (I think) and on this you need to be totally single-minded. It's your life, not your mum's, and neither is it the one she necessarily desires for you. Yours and yours only.

Beef and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  5. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

Italy pah!

Chichester Police Station was good enough for me.

6. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Do tell!

7. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Wise words, indeed. As I said to my son "unless you are absolutely sure, don't do it". I was a long time married before I realised and now I'm paying for it, never mind the pain and anguish I caused myself and my children's mother. Far better to enjoy what you have and decide later if you realize you can't live without the person. Then you know she's the one.

Le Tissier’s Laces likes this.
  8. Le Tissier's Laces

Very happy to be able to tell you all that Fable will this February be supporting British rock legends, The Cult, on some of their shows for their UK run at Bristol (25 Feb), Manchester's Albert Hall (26th) and London's Brixton Academy (27th). So hot off the press that it's not even on her pages/site as yet!

Personally massively excited as they're a band I absolutely loved (and still do) as a young man. Going to be a lot of fun!

9. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

1991, Crimewatch do a bit on an armed robber, 6'4" with (I kid you not ) snake tattoos down his arms.
    My next door neigbour (not a happy man ever) reports I am said criminal.
    I am summoned to the police station and interviewed by an officer who thinks his moment of fame and glory has come. So much so he is willing to overlook I am 5'10", have no tattoos and was in Tenerife at the time of the armed robbery.
    After I pass through the mental states of helpfull, anxious, fear and finally bloody annoyed he is convinced by my future wife kicking off in reception rather than anything I say.
    In the Foyer I request she be there always to "spring" me when required. This she agrees to do but wants the ring TODAY (knew me well even then). A quick purchase (£37) of some metal with a bit of diamond grit in it and the deal was sealed.
    2 weeks later the diamond bit of the ring (if indeed it was such) fell out and was flushed down the bath plughole. Apparently this does not cancel the agreement.

I'd be careful when giving anyone advice on their love life, but logic and reason are not always your friends in this area. Just bloody go with it if it feels right!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  10. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Why the whole system sucks!!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...tem-say-labour-mps/ar-BBnXM5E?ocid=spartandhp

Don't you think it is about time the honours systems was scrapped. If it is to be kept the people who deserve the recognition are our ambulance workers, fire personnel, nurses, teachers, our road sweepers, toilet cleaners and NOT the famous be it in sport, entertainment, industry, the armed forces, except for the lower ranks and certainly NOT politicians, David Cameron should hang his head in shame for this.

11. It’s Only A Game

It’s Only A Game Well-Known Member

Yeah do it Beefy! Why should you be the only happy one?;)

davecg69 and Beef like this.
  12. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

You forgot all of the Senior Civil Servants who will automatically get a gong.

The Ides of March likes this.
  13. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

Did you actually read the article?

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Of course I did and that is why I posted it!! Has this man (Lynton Crosby) gone out at midnight to put a fire out. Niet! Has he stitched up the victim of a knife wound on a Saturday Night? Non. Has he taught six-year olds how to read? No!! Has he fought on the front line in a war? Like hell! Therefore it is an absolute disgrace that this guy or any politician and those who fund the parties get any recognition of any kind like this. They are well rewarded as it is.

Archers Road likes this.
  15. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

Honours should be for people who have done things above and beyond what they are paid to do. I mean how did John Prescott become Lord Prescott? <laugh>

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  16. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Well it was a hell of a punch!

17. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I am very concerned in that I think the very lovely Mrs Godders:emoticon-0115-inlov has confused the story of the birth of Christ with the parable of the feeding of the 5 000 only we have enough food in the house to feed both of us until the late summer. There is still half a turkey, 3 dozen mince pies a Christmas cake that hasn't been cut, biscuits, chocolate's, nuts, dates, figs, half a stollen cake, tangerines, a fridge full of about 20 different cheeses, three quarters of a large Christmas pudding, a 2lb piece of boiled ham that hasn't been cut yet, an unopened tin of chocolate biscuits, bags of crisps, boxes of crackers, and goodness knows what else. Just remember that when you attend Good Friday's game and you see an overweight old fellow near you eating a mince pie with his half time Bovril that will be me!

18. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

19. Le Tissier's Laces

That's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever.

RIP Lemmy :(

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    davecg69 likes this.
  20. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

There's the old motorcycling story of the biker who evades all fatal scenarios until eventually the last one takes him/her due to the lifestyle led. The final words of the motorcyclist are what a ride..!

That same lifestyle could be said to have been lived by Lemmy. We're all in danger these days of being too scared to live. Not for him. A roadie for Jimi Hendrix, a member of Hawkwind, a founding member and constant tourer with his own band Motorhead. He seemed to do it all on a diet of cigarettes and alcohol. It's a wonder he lasted to 70. But there's no doubt he lived a life and truly wore that body out. He's has my admiration for that.