1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rafa statement

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I can’t wait for this.

I really hope Rafa goes into detail on what it’s like working for the idiots who run our club.

I bet Charlene is **** scared of the genie being let out of the bottle.

I’d love to watch the fat little rugby ball headed **** squirm.

Santaseyebrow likes this.
  2. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

He'll say nothing till his last month's wages are in the bank.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Charnley isn't responsible for this. And if you think Ashley gives a **** what Rafa reveals, you've learnt nothing about the bloke in the last 10 years. He will be eagerly awaiting that statement with champagne and popcorn at the ready. Plus we can't really believe what Rafa tells us so personally I hope he respects the club enough to move on quietly rather stoking up trouble with his spin on things. Particularly when the new season is not far away.

Santaseyebrow likes this.
  4. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Charnley is Ashley's puppet/ right hand man
    And if you get no joy with having a go at Ashley then hit his next in command
    Or sit around and do nothing
    Sadly after doing nothing for 12 years is too much for me now
    Even in the Westwood / Mckeag era there was some sort of ambition

5. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

6. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Think he'll have a right to reply if the Newcastle propaganda machine is in swing by next week. I believe him against MA anyway, everybody bar you does.

You're right though, I don't blame Charnley and think Rafa would feel the same. Over time I've started to feel the smallest shred of sympathy for Charnley. It sounds like he wanted rafa to stay but obviously has zero say by the time it comes to MA's approval. Much the same with the snail pace of transfers. He's on the lowest wage for his position in the prem but far and away takes the most ****. I suppose he knew that was what he was getting himself in for though.

7. Hung Drawn and Quartered

You have to remember that any new manager will be interviewed by Charnley
    Will be told of the restraints imposed on a new manager by Charnley
    Answer to Charnley
    Kiss Charnleys backside before even meeting Mike Ashley
    Charnley has been involved in alledged negotiations to keep Rafa
    So for me its Charnley who the fans have to have a go at
    Heap the pressure on him

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

D07CBA7A-6786-4628-8D5B-D868051C4BE5.gif

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

I'm just not naive enough to sit and listen to either party. So its not about believing one over the other, I believe neither. They both have self interest at heart when giving any information about why talks broke down. If someone wants to sit there and think that because Rafa is an honorable man he is not going to spin the situation to his own advantage, then I think they are a little bit green. Its normal when there is a breakdown in a relationship that both parties wanted to continue. No one wants to be the bad guy afterall. I actually thought the clubs statement was very respectful and just stated the facts. It was refreshing that they didn't try to claim his demands were ridiculous like they would have in the past. I am firmly of the belief that as a club we do not have the means to keep a man of Rafa's stature in the role. Those types of managers need an owner who wants to have fun and play a bit. Someone who isn't concerned about a little debt or a dent in their vast wealth. Someone not in it to simply use the club. I mean I can accept Ashley using the club to make money indirectly, but I think the right thing to do would be to divert some of that profit back to the football club. SD would still be making money hand over fist, he'd still be worth a fortune and Newcastle would prosper. As usual though he wants to have his cake and eat it. Hence he is a fat ****.

10. Warmir Pouchov

Delusional Full Stop likes this.

11. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Ah it's the close season, or for a certain someone, troll season

haslam likes this.
  12. Warmir Pouchov

Sorry I realise I should be buying into you lots drama queen reaction to a manager leaving. Instead I like a bit of reality on my cornflakes.

For this I'm eternally sorry. Toys out the pram, crying into pints, get the fake coffin out, find a horse to punch. I'll try to fit one of these in soon <cheers>

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

At last, an apology of sorts.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

Rafa might be only leaving for a week.

It's possible.

The sale may be still on. The porker hasn't commented a single word. If this has been an elaborate hoax, even Newcastle fans, who'll queue to see 11 humans of any description play in black and white, will respond against the creature if its shown to be a massive lie.

cronemeister likes this.
  15. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

We need to be very careful how we play this so that we don't send out the the wrong message to potential owners, managers and players. We're better than that and can surely think of better ways to make ourselves heard without actually having to say a single word.

I have a funny feeling things are going to happen soon with the takeover so I'm reserving judgement for now. Come kick off if that fat ****er is still in charge mind then it'll be a completely different story.

16. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Imagine if it happened though? Surely it would have to be one of the stories of the decade and an absolute master-stroke....not to mention a massive two fingers up the current regime !!

I think there's a chance it could happen. Rafa's contract runs out on Sunday so he won't speak about it until then, if he's gonna speak about it at all. Personally I think he's too much of a gentleman to bad mouth anybody really. If he doesn't come out and say anything and doesn't take this job in China then I think this might just well come off. One can dream :)

Consett Mag likes this.
  17. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Maybe had Rafa signed a new contract
    The takeover group might of had to pay Ashley compo or more money somehow
    In one.of his many clauses

18. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

This is why I am still hopeful of the deal is the Joselu transfer not yet being completed.

cronemeister and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  19. Warmir Pouchov

I think Rafa actually genuinely gave a **** about the club like every manager who has walked through that door (maybe not Jokennear who I think was a Ashley stooge). Hopefully he'll remember that and not add to the current hyperbole surrounding the club. If the last two seasons under Rafa have taught us anything, its that under the current constraints its no good wasting time pissing and moaning. You've got to move on and keep pushing forward, united. Indeed the worst results under Rafa came when he helped create a cloud over the club by moaning about transfers along with the fans. As @RobEllious noted, he has a right to reply if the club decide to add to their statement and stick the knife into him. He has been around long enough to know the media will be creating all sorts of reasons for his departure as we speak, but as long as the club sticks to the professional line it has I think he should do likewise. The best way to dampen all that is not feed the monster. That might not be best for Ashley or Benitez but it is in the best interests of the club.

It comes down to class really. Always a class act while here I don't see him suddenly acting like a bell when he leaves. As always the club is bigger than one individual and those who actually care about it wouldn't hurt it on the way out. Obviously if the club suddenly decide to call him a greedy bastard then that is different. Problem is our fans are now baying for blood and want to know all the gory details.

RobEllious likes this.
  20. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

Were ****ed takeover off

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.