1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Racing Thread Tuesday 17th Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Jan 17, 2012.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

AYR
    Start: 1.10pm
    Good to soft, good in places on the hurdles course

FOLKESTONE - INSPECTION 7.15am
    Start: 1.30pm
    Chase: Good, good to soft in places
    Hurdle: Soft

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST SPORTS MAN EVER

ALI 70 TODAY, HE MAY NOT LOOK THE GREATEST NOW, BUT BACK IN THE DAY HE WAS A GOD AND ALWAYS WILL BE TO ME

STAY FROSTY

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Morning Dan hope you are well mate <ok>

3. OddDog

Staff Member

Storming Gale out again today at Ayr - can't say I'll be backing him though, looked a bit of a plodder last time over 3m 1f so not sure the drop in trip will suit.

England have started well in the cricket <doh> <doh> <doh>

4. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Ali was the athlete of the 20th century. It was said the Joe Louis was the best, but then along came Ali. Of course the modern generation will always favour the man of the time, but no heavyweight moved like him. The Rumble in the Jungle was one of the best fights of all time.

5. Cyclonic

52-5, why is the game being played in Dubai?

6. OddDog

Staff Member

I can watch almost any sport. I can sit for hours watching the open, a test match, tour de France and even ski jumping or downhill. I will even tolerate rugby if it's a big match. But Ihave to confess I have never, ever, found anything remotely interesting in boxing. Each to his own though <ok>

7. OddDog

Staff Member

Probably too scared to go to Pakistan - I mean, would you? I know I wouldn't.

8. Cyclonic

I forgot about that. It seems that India and Pakistan are still trying to sought out a series.

9. OddDog

Staff Member

2.10 Ayr Sammy Spiderman (NAP) - loves the track with all 4 of his career victories (from 30 starts) coming at Ayr, including his last win in March last year over 3m1f on heavy. That was a class 4 and he ran off a mark of 83 with the same apprentice as today taking off 3lbs. He runs off 85 today and has a nice racing weight of 10-7. Of his main rivals I think Ballycarron Lad might just need the run and Allanard looks like he struggles to get this trip. Quinder Spring still looks a little high in the weights, as does Duke Of Malfi, and the others seem woefully out of form. Go Sammy !!!

If Folkestone goes ahead the one I like there is Watergate (NB) in the 2.00. I fancied him on his last run but the ground proved a little too sticky for him. His run prior to that was an excellent 2nd to the well-handicapped Hunt Ball and if he can reproduce that today he should go very close in this.

Good luck everyone <ok>

10. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Oddy,

Watergate is the one Stick has put up on the other site (I wish he would get his backside into gear and get on here if only to post the selections), and the bad news is that I also fancy it today and I have backed it.

Also backed the Jim Best horse in the first, its the sort to go to war with over hurdles and I think it could be a Fred Winter type horse, the Hendo horse is a worry but should make the price for Besty's.

Also done the pair in a treble (I know - I am going senile) with the Besty pair in the third, one looks like a plot horse and the other has the form in the book. One could be pulled in typical Best style!!

Good luck all today. Lets hope its not all frozen off.

11. OddDog

Staff Member

It's a damned shame he isn't on here - I can't get on Fugees from work (blocked as a "social networking" site - no idea why this site is allowed but thank goodness it is).

12. NassauBoard

Oddy similar here, the other site doesn't run on our work PC's but this one does.

13. OddDog

Staff Member

Nice race that first one at Folkestone Nass. I agree the Jim Best horse looks a likely type having won over 1m6f on the flat. The Henderson filly ran a cracker behind Asaid (who holds an entry for that good looking 4YO hurdle at Newbury tomorrow) last time out and is a worthy favourite but I would also give an e/w squeak to Swaninstockwell - his third behind Double Ross and Henry San (won yesterday) looks fairly decent form although he may need further. There's even a son of Haafhd in the race for Princess & Swanny <ok>

14. NassauBoard

Oddy I wouldn't rule out the horse who finished 3rd behind the Hendo horse last time as it didn't seem to appreciate the ground (suspect it will be better today) and went a bit too fast early.

Its a fair race for the grade and the top two in the market are both interesting sorts. Also noted that the Bell yard think that Besty's horse is one who should take to the game well (they trained it on the flat).

Also just a note, I got the wrong horse that Kneller was talking about, it was the one Turner rode and won on at 8/1. Frustrating to say the least!

15. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Cyc - it'll be years before the ICC allow anyone to tour Pakistan and as for a Pak series in India, it'll all end in tears.....

16. GDC

GDC Active Member

Happy New Year to all you 'old' Members and Tank Top Man :)

17. NassauBoard

I thought we had got rid of Gary, what a crying shame to see him back.

Happy New Year (takes a while for news like this to get to Catterick) old bean. Now pick us a 100/1 winner or we will send you into exile.

18. Cyclonic

So all India v Pakistan games will have to be on neutral territory Grizz?

19. Cyclonic

Thanks Gaz, and to you mate.

20. NassauBoard

so what did Pricewise put up then?