1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Racing’s Biggest Farces

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Sir Barney Chuckles, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Actually no WUMing involved whatsoever, on this occasion, old boy. Simply a list of racing’s biggest farces in my humble opinion. And I don’t think you should ever stop defending an innocent or wrongly accused man. Or indeed cease fighting to obtain either his freedom or a pardon. The fight goes on to secure the latter for the ‘Lambourn One’.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that practically every gee-gee farce mentioned by me or others, on this thread, is in the NH sphere rather than on the Flat! I think it’s clear which discipline the forum thinks is farcical!

2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Fair comments, SBC, but the buck really does stop at the person in charge. Know that once from bitter experience overseas once. Young guy working for me made a very careless error which, being pretty snowed-under at the time, I did not spot. Only the double-checking of a good friend and colleague at the rig site saved the day; would have been a disaster otherwise. Fact is, the guy worked for me, and I was responsible, no two ways about it. Didn't fire him, lad learnt his lesson and there was no way he'd do that again!

Should add, he's still working for the same oil company as far as I know, and doing well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  3. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

I have to admit that Grand National day at Aintree is now so far removed from what it was that I will probably not go back on that day for many a year to come now. Havnt been on a Saturday for well over 10 years, I think Hedgehunter won it that year when I did, though I have been back several times on a Thursday or Friday which is much more pleasurable...

Saying that though Lady's day could be renamed after my last visit a couple of years ago to something, what shall we say, Less-Lady-Like day...!!
    :emoticon-0184-tmi::emoticon-0184-tmi::emoticon-0184-tmi:

stick likes this.
  4. stick

stick Bumper King

Should be re-named "Orange Friday".

redcgull and mallafets123 like this.