1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

R.I.P. Gord Downie.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Oct 18, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Canada has just lost a musical icon with the death of Gord Downie the front man of Tragically Hip after a long battle with brain cancer. Gord always shunned the spotlight further afield because he loved his own country and we were the recipients of his unique musical talent which in most cases was based on the Canadian experience as he saw it.

Canada is a sad place today with his loss and his memory will live forever in the hearts of all Canadians from coast to coast to coast. Thank you Gord for your music and your eternal belief in what is the best place on earth to live. I am really lost for words on this day and my tears are falling as we speak but I know I'm not the only one remembering a true Canadian.

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

R-I-P <peacedove><rose>

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike - I saw the headline on the good old impartial BBC this morning about Trudeau shedding tears for a Canadian rock icon who had died, and just hoped that it wasn't Neil Young that was gone.

I love my music, but can honestly say I'd never heard of Gord Downie, or Tragically Hip.

But RIP to him none the less.

4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Do yourself a musical favour angelic and listen to Pay at high dough and give me your verdict. The band never went international and stuck to their Canadian roots because the rest of the world would have no clue what he is singing about but the more you listen the better you understand. To see a Prime Minister shedding tears over a the passing of a singer is rare but then again they were best friends and that is the measure of them both.