1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Quick question about ticketing

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by overseasTOON, Nov 7, 2011.

1. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

Hi all,

My sister lives in Norwich (I used to live there for about 8 years) so I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone and combine a visit to see her and some old friends with a visit to Carrow Road.

I was just wondering what the likelihood of availability might be for the Newcastle match and if tickets ever reach general sale?

I’m hoping a friend up North may buy me one but if that fails, perhaps my sister could get one from the box office in advance for me?

Also just want to add congrats to the great start and have had some great performances. Good to have Norwich back in the top tier again.

Thanks for your responses in advance and I’ll be up on the 10th December regardless.

2. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

hi, first off, congrats on your great start to the season <ok>

tickets are like gold dust in these parts - we have sold out pretty much every match for the past five years, despite dropping down to league one so tickets in the norwich end are a no-go, plus you will almost certainly get booted out by the stewards unless you sit on your hands. newcastle will get an allocation of around 2,500 i would think so your best bet is to try and get one from newcastle. i have no idea whether we sell away tickets at carrow road though!

if you do come along, have a great time but please make sure you are disappointed by the football result ;)

3. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

As superman says - forget pinning hopes on getting a ticket allocated for the home supporters. Unless you are very, very lucky you will not get hold of one.

I would imagine the Geordie army allocation will also be taken up as it is a Saturday game - terrific following (just like us :grin:)

4. overseasTOON

Is the 2,500 the maximum allocation allowed by Norwich?

The club owners have been taking reduced allocations for the last two seasons even though we took 4,000 to Blackburn in the Cup recently.

5. ThaiCanary

10% of the official capacity as it stands = 2500 or a little over maybe 2600 at a push, sorry to say. Hopefully one day they will expand.

You can probably get tickets for the likes of Blackburn & Wigan as they do not sell out half there ground let alone 90% of it

6. overseasTOON

Cheers all.

The begging and pleading process has begun with my friend in Newcastle to get me a ticket.

7. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

You have as much chance as getting a ticket for the mens 100m final next summer..........I am very impresed by Newcastle this season, great side you have there

8. Dazz19

Dazz19 Active Member

we do sell away tickets at the game as there were quite a few Blackburn fans queuing at the ticket office last week

9. ThaiCanary

Yes Dazz but that was Blackburn, how many did they bring down? Not like the Toon Army to be fair. They will sell out (more than likely), especially if still riding high in the league

10. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

dazz, i believe blackburn brought less than 500 fans and had an allocation reduced to around 800 - they couldn't even sell all them hence the queues and empty seats. doubt newcastle will have any problems shifting the seats... should be a cracking atmosphere! <ok>

11. ThaiCanary

A pretty shocking number by today's standards! I recall going to Middlesbrough on the opening day one season. Boro just promoted to the top league and well up for it. 2 minutes in Rosie Rosario scored a screamer. We went on to win 3-2 in front of maybe 300 City fans! (Certainly wasn't many of us that day)

12. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Rosario! There's one for the "Where are they now?" thread (if there is one).

13. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Why? Were you not selling them out before or something?

14. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

There'll probably be some seats going in Top of the Terrace at £200 a head but that does include a 3 course meal and a box seat lol

15. overseasTOON

We'd been taking the max allocation in the past and selling them all in the CCC but when we were promoted the club changed policy and took smaller amounts. Don't know why though as there is always a large amount of fans ready to travel.

Just heard from Newcastle that the Norwich tickets are priced at £45 and also need 25 loyalty points.